Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Returned HIV fear...  (Read 142 times)

Offline Jordan80

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Returned HIV fear...
« on: March 30, 2014, 05:47:04 AM »
 Ok, so I was actually gradually getting over my irrational fears when suddenly, my overactive mind comes into play and makes up a totally new situation, so now I think I have hiv, Again!! Ok so here's the story... About 4-5 months ago I had this crazy fear in my mind thinking I had hiv from previous sexual encounters.. Anyway, I got my bloods checked at my local GP and everything come back normal... I however didn't believe the test so I went to a Terrence Higgins trust place to get testes again... Again this 4gen test come back NEGATIVE.. it was a huge weight of my shoulders and I felt fine. Up until about a week ago when I got a sore throat.. then when that disappeared, I have just one swollen gland on my left side of neck.. I'm making up stories in my head thinking. What if the person who tested me at THT, accidently or on purpose give me hiv.. I mean I didn't see anything conspicuous and he actuallyseemed like a nice guy. TThere's just something in my mind telling me he could have give it me when he was wiping my finger, or he could of pricked himself then try to rub it across my pinprick hole.. they sound so stupid, but are causing me to think more and when I can't remember thats when I panic... He also took the blood from the left hand, I'm thiking its weird I have a swollen gland on my left side and a sore throat that was just on my left side... Am I being silly? Overthing? I mean I actually rang THT and asked them if it was possible to contract hiv through the person testing me, he didn't seem happy I asked him and was quite offended. Which only added to my worries more cause it got me thinking more.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Returned HIV fear...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 05:53:33 AM »
Wow. Your mind sure does create its own problems. You have not got HIV. This is something you have to learn to accept. There is no way you caught it off anybody who was testing you for it. They would not be allowed to work in a such a place if they had it. Plus the contacted needed to catch it is impossible just from a test. It is just your mind. Nothing else. You can have as many tests as you want done. They will always come back as negative.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Jordan80

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 06:11:51 AM »
You see, this is what scared me more. . I asked the person on the phone from THT if they had anyone with HIV working there and hesaid yes... Is it even possible for him of some way drawing his own blood and wiping it across my pinprick hole. I mean he was squeezing my fingers pretty tight because much blood wasn't coming out, so he had to prick the next finger.. and he kept wiping it with a cotton pad I think but I can't remember if it was clean or what. My mind really is in overdrive thinking up the silly situations.. Im trying to remeber exactly what happened, but then I just get panicky when I can't remember exactly.. Thanks for your quick reply. Very much appreciated
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 06:38:01 AM »
But for you to get HIV from him or her there would have to have been an open cut on his / her skin and for them to be bleeding. When you weigh up the odds of these events actually happening in the order they would have to happen you have about a million to one chance of everything happening in the exact order for you to get HIV. Just normal contact wouldn't give you HIV. It would have to be a series of rare circumstances. You would have more chance of winning the lottery. You could get tested again. But would you accept those results? Or question them again. That is your main issue. You don't want to accept the results. Most others would be happy to get negative every time.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Jordan80

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 06:52:23 AM »
He was wearing gloves, so I didn't see no cut on his hand.. I realise I'm being totally irrational and I know how stupid it sounds.. When you put it like that though I realise it would have been near impossible. You've certainly eased my mind, thanks for your prompt replies.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: HIV