Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Freaking out thinking I accidentally screwed up my eyes.  (Read 178 times)

Offline dogboy122

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Freaking out thinking I accidentally screwed up my eyes.
« on: March 30, 2014, 02:26:58 AM »
A few days ago I had some grapefruit anti-blemish cream on my face, and I felt something in my eye so I went to wash it, now ever since that I have horrible foggy vision. And everything looks white kinda like if you stare at a bright light too long, and lights have halos around them. I can no longer see at night because everything is too grey. I'm freaking out thinking I accidentaly washed the cream off of my face and into my eyes while I was rinsing them. I discovered today that I had a fluid filled cyst in my eye and I tried to make myself think that was the source of the problem but it wouldn't effect both eyes, would it? so now that I remember back, my eyes felt bad before I washed them, and the cream was all natural and I didn't really feel burning so maybe the cream is not to blame? I'm freaking out and the only thought comforting me now is *****, I feel slightly better knowing that I could end it at any time. Please help.:(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Freaking out thinking I accidentally screwed up my eyes.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 06:39:02 AM »
Do you have pollen allergies? This sort of sounds like allergic conjunctivitis.  Can you get some artificial tears or do you have any allergy medicine in the house?  Allergies can cause a film over the eyes and make things look like you're talking about.

How old are you?  The halos and night vision complaint happens with cataracts but comes on slowly when you're older. I was in my early 50's when I had cataracts removed.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 08:00:47 AM »
If your eyes aren't watering, then it's not the cream.  Your body detects foreign things and sends "help"
however... if it's all natural it may not be an irritant at all and you COULD have the cream in the eyes if it's an oily cream.  Is it oily?  If so, you will just have to wait it out, it will go away.  (my cousin got super glue in her eye! It watered out!)  If it's not oily, try putting water in the palm of your hand and opening each eye IN the water - it will wash it out - OR if that doesn't work go get some eyewash from the store.  OR you may have irritated your eyes and that is a mucus film covering your eyes.  Again, an eyewash would help.
Do you wear contacts?  Did you leave them in too long? (that could do it too) - no matter what it is (the cream, mucus, contacts left in too long) it happened suddenly which means it's nothing bad - it Will clear up.  Or take a quick trip to the eye doctor, he'll tell you you'll be fine - I'm sure you'd believe him over "Dr. Sunlover" here  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline dogboy122

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 01:50:34 PM »
If your eyes aren't watering, then it's not the cream.  Your body detects foreign things and sends "help"
however... if it's all natural it may not be an irritant at all and you COULD have the cream in the eyes if it's an oily cream.  Is it oily?  If so, you will just have to wait it out, it will go away.  (my cousin got super glue in her eye! It watered out!)  If it's not oily, try putting water in the palm of your hand and opening each eye IN the water - it will wash it out - OR if that doesn't work go get some eyewash from the store.  OR you may have irritated your eyes and that is a mucus film covering your eyes.  Again, an eyewash would help.
Do you wear contacts?  Did you leave them in too long? (that could do it too) - no matter what it is (the cream, mucus, contacts left in too long) it happened suddenly which means it's nothing bad - it Will clear up.  Or take a quick trip to the eye doctor, he'll tell you you'll be fine - I'm sure you'd believe him over "Dr. Sunlover" here  :action-smiley-065:
Yeah, I figured that the cream couldn't have caused damage in a matter of seconds with almost no pain at all. I just need to calm down.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JunoX

• No One Rules If No One Obeys
  • Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Where the mind goes, the body follows.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 06:58:45 PM »
You need to just take a deep breath and relax. If cream had irritated your eyes they would have stung and watered. What your experiencing sounds to me like over vigilance with your vision. That can cause all kinds of freaky symptoms that aren't abnormal at all but just being over noticed. I have halos around lights as well. This is a common symptom of dry eyes. Try lubricating eye drops or artificial tears. The white wash at night is also common with dry eye. I know because I have started having terrible dry eye symptoms for some more the but before I could actually feel it was dry eye, I was already having halos, white and gray washed vision, bad night time vision, etc and finally my eyes began feeling dry as sand. Sometimes your dry eye doesn't feel dry at first. It can be slowly becoming dry for years with just these weird symptoms until the full dry feeling becomes apparent. I have the worst eyes you could ever imagine and I'm still here and still seeing, barely seeing but seeing enough to write this so your going to be all right.
Bookmark and Share
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

Offline dogboy122

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 10:33:57 PM »
You need to just take a deep breath and relax. If cream had irritated your eyes they would have stung and watered. What your experiencing sounds to me like over vigilance with your vision. That can cause all kinds of freaky symptoms that aren't abnormal at all but just being over noticed. I have halos around lights as well. This is a common symptom of dry eyes. Try lubricating eye drops or artificial tears. The white wash at night is also common with dry eye. I know because I have started having terrible dry eye symptoms for some more the but before I could actually feel it was dry eye, I was already having halos, white and gray washed vision, bad night time vision, etc and finally my eyes began feeling dry as sand. Sometimes your dry eye doesn't feel dry at first. It can be slowly becoming dry for years with just these weird symptoms until the full dry feeling becomes apparent. I have the worst eyes you could ever imagine and I'm still here and still seeing, barely seeing but seeing enough to write this so your going to be all right.
Dry eyes seem likely because I use the computer alot for my job, thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: