Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Question for the ladies here...  (Read 193 times)

Offline lilyofthevalley

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Question for the ladies here...
« on: March 29, 2014, 11:51:30 PM »
So three times over the past six months, I have had sex with my husband and was bleeding afterwards. The first two times I freaked out, but I started my period both times within a day (maybe two) right after. It has just happened again, and I know that period should be coming up any day now most likely so this is seeming to be a pattern, however, it never happened prior to six months ago.

I know that bleeding after sex can be a sign of cervical cancer, but I am 36 years old, and have never had an abnormal pap smear and I am always really good about going every year. I was checked last April and everything looked fine per my gyno, and because I have consistantly had normal paps, they skipped it last year. I am due to schedule another yearly exam.

It looks like from checking out former posts similar to this that there has been one other person here who described the same thing as happening to them, but I guess I am looking for additional reassurance. I just hate that this never happened before, but now it is kinda a quasi regular occurrence. I am going to mention it to my doc so they do a pap on me to be on the safe side. Anyone else ever experience bleeding from Sex right before their period?
Bookmark and Share

Offline confunded

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Question for the ladies here...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 12:58:36 AM »
I have! Before I got pregnant a few years ago the same thing happened to me a few times. I remember being worried about it too, but it turned out to be nothing. It could just be some pre-menstrual spotting and nothing to worry about. There is nothing wrong with getting checked by the doctor to be on the safe side though!!!

Try not to worry if you can help it !
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mvalachovic

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 09:13:30 AM »
I've never had that exact situation before, but when I was pregnant I would always have episodes of bleeding/spotting. I would freak out thinking I was having a miscarriage and everything was fine. Dr determined it was just blood from the cervix. Some women have "friable " cervixes is what they told me. They have lots of little blood vessels and some just bleed easier when irritated like sex, etc. I know you didn't say pregnant, but it wouldn't surprise me if a little blood escaped after sex. Or it could be from chafing if you will. Or it could be just because your body is so close to starting your period.
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 09:45:13 AM »
Are you on the pill? After being on the same pill for a while it can cause bleeding after sex. I had some spotting after sex a couple months ago, wasn't sure if it was sex or my period starting early. Anyway, I mentioned it to my OB and she did an endometrial biopsy b/c she though I might have a polyp - she was right! Polyps are benign causes of spotting after sex. I would check with your OB.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 12:29:32 PM »
Some people actually have sex to get their period going!

All that thrusting just jiggles the buildup loose.  :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Tags: