Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Work and Anxiety  (Read 217 times)

Offline JavaJoy01

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Work and Anxiety
« on: March 29, 2014, 10:47:36 PM »
So I have been doing great, all my symptoms went away.  I have always been a talker and I think it has to with with silence making me anxious.. When I complained to my therapist that I talk to much and it has always caused me problems, she told me that it's part of my personality and that my anxiety issues bring it out more.. Anyway, I started a new job and I did not think I was talking much at all-in fact I had ear buds in listening to music and such on my phone almost all day since I started.. Here is the thing, somebody must have complained because I got talked to about talking to much by the boss.. The others ladies were having conversations and personal ones at that so it left me confused but I accepted it.  I went back to my desk, put my buds in the rest of the day and drowned out everybody talking and such.  To be honest, I have been stressing about it bad.. Brand new and having issues already..Here is the thing, now I'll be paranoid and and avoid people all together and that'll be just as bad because now it'll make me very anti social looking.  So what do I do? Ignore people all day to avoid talking and drown everybody out listening to music?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Work and Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 05:37:15 AM »
I would do my work and come lunch breaks make small talk. I wouldn't ignore people. Start off with basic hellos and how are you this morning. Nothing wrong with that at all. But once you are getting your work done. I think in time you will blend in. Been the new kid on the block people are just more aware of you at the moment. They will get used to you. Just play it nice and easy for now. Basic chit chat. Nothing over the top. I am sure things will become easier for you. Don't let this one thing get to you. Might have been one person. There is always one in every job. Likes to give out. Moan a lot.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline JavaJoy01

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Work and Anxiety
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 10:14:24 PM »
My anxiety has just been getting worse.. Because of past experiences on jobs, I'm scared of my own shadow.. I'm scared I'll be lied about, tattled on for things I may or may not have done.. Something else happened beyond my control and I asked a rhetorical question to my co workers to see what the response would be and afraid it may been seen or taken wrong and I'll get tattled on and get in trouble and loose my job (The one it took me a year to get after a lay off)...I went through two lay offs in 7 months and the last one, one of the girls told the boss I erased company files which I did not do (one of the other ladies actually did accidentally erase the bosses hard drive one day while cleaning off his computer).  I did accidentally take a file home, and when I was notified I returned them and wiped my flash but I never erased anything or stole from them. The boss even called me to accuse me and I ended up calling a lawyer to get my options.  I have just had bad luck, my family thinks I'm a good worker and a threat to others job security so they need to get rid of me so this stuff just keeps happening to me.  I just have a really good job in a really good environment and I'd hate to find myself removed from it..

I also think my anxiety causes me to say and do things without thinking first and sometimes I say and do things that can be taken wrong and I end up in trouble..
Bookmark and Share

Tags: