Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My pupils reaction to light has scared be back into brain tumor worries  (Read 260 times)

Offline Vengence

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So i just tried shining a pocket light into my eyes and i noticed by pupils went small but then started to increase in size then decrease in size, this has basically scared the crap out of me. i was doing so good, 1 week without a single case of anxiety now i'm back to where i started read this is a sign something is wrong and i cant help but worry now. me having bad memory ( which i admit has improved but isnt that good and problems spelling sometimes) makes this fear even worse. i hope nothing it wrong but right now i'm seriously doubting it. idk if this helps or even matters but i started getting my wisdom tooth a day ago ( i'm 19)

some responses would help me allot
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
That is totally normal. Pupils adjust themselves to focus just like the lens of a camera. My eye doctor called my pupils "bouncy" because mine do that a lot when they react to light, and she said younger people have this a lot. (I'm 19 as well)

The only time you need to worry about your pupils/brain is when your pupil(s) don't react at all to light. THEN something is wrong. You're completely fine! I obsessed about my pupils during my brain tumor fear. I even have two different sized pupils at times, but I have had 2 MRIs and had my eyes checked, and all is well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Vengence

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thanks Emily, made things allot better for me  :yes:. i figured once your pupils go small they stay small not "bounce" around. i still think its not right but maybe i'll just have to get over that
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Your pupils bouncing around as you say, may have nothing to do with lighting in your room, but have to do with your eyes focusing.   If your eyes are trying to focus the pupils will get bigger.  So when you shine the light in your eye they get small due to the light, then they immediately get bigger when the light is removed, and then "adjust" to focus.  Ever notice that when a cat is intent on looking at something their pupils will get bigger?  No change of light in the room, just change of focus.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Vengence

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Your pupils bouncing around as you say, may have nothing to do with lighting in your room, but have to do with your eyes focusing.   If your eyes are trying to focus the pupils will get bigger.  So when you shine the light in your eye they get small due to the light, then they immediately get bigger when the light is removed, and then "adjust" to focus.  Ever notice that when a cat is intent on looking at something their pupils will get bigger?  No change of light in the room, just change of focus.

it wasnt happening when i removed the light it happened with the light still there but i was focusing in the mirror on my eyes, emily says her eyes do the same thing and the doctor said it was normal. it was just weird to me at first, then i googled it ( i know, i shouldnt have) then it freaked me out. just going to try my best not to worry about it
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Stop just existing, live while you can!
    • Poke This Member
This freaked me out briefly as well. Mine did the same... My pupils shrunk when I shined the flashlight in my eyes, then "bounced" between small and a little bigger a few times. Normal, nothing to be concerned about.
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Offline emily1994

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
You guys need to stop flashing lights in your eyes! Lol. You're fine. It's normal!

Just stop shining bright things in your eyes and examining your pupils! Once I stopped, I stopped worrying about a brain tumor.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: