Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Does anybody fear a mental illness?  (Read 138 times)

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Does anybody fear a mental illness?
« on: March 29, 2014, 06:09:42 PM »
In particular I fear Schizophrenia, I have been diagnosed with GAD, Obsessive Tendencies, and Depression.  The obsessive tendencies are causing me to over think and over analyze literally every aspect of my life.  If I hear something that I can't relate to a source I convince myself I'm Schizophrenic.  This ones kinda weird but I have two dogs and I'm sure we all know dogs fart.  Well if they do and I smell it, I think it's some sort of hallucination because I have no way to prove that it came from my dogs.  I just started on Wellbutrin for all of this, and having to take medication is causing me Anxiety.  I sound crazy don't I, anyways does anybody else deal with something similar to me?
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Offline Blueberry

• Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does anybody fear a mental illness?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 06:17:12 PM »
I worry I have the potential to be schizophrenic one day but as of now? No, I'm... Well, not mentally fine but I'm not schizophrenic or manic or anything.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TarheelBabe1980

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 09:01:55 PM »
Be careful...wellbutrin is notorious for anxiety sufferers because it is the most stimulating antidep on the market. To answer your question, well, I have feared bipolar disorder on and off for several years because there was no question that there was something more to my mess than anxiety and/or clinical depression. Alot of this late diagnosis thing was my fault for not reporting everything to my previous psychiatrist. She finally moved and i got a new psych last year. He suspected bipolar the first appointment....over the months, I made sure to report everything to him good and bad. Just recently, he gave me a definite diagnosis of BP II (the less severe kind). It is what it is, and I am learning how to face this because I will not lay down and die over this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 09:10:11 PM »
Be careful...wellbutrin is notorious for anxiety sufferers because it is the most stimulating antidep on the market. To answer your question, well, I have feared bipolar disorder on and off for several years because there was no question that there was something more to my mess than anxiety and/or clinical depression. Alot of this late diagnosis thing was my fault for not reporting everything to my previous psychiatrist. She finally moved and i got a new psych last year. He suspected bipolar the first appointment....over the months, I made sure to report everything to him good and bad. Just recently, he gave me a definite diagnosis of BP II (the less severe kind). It is what it is, and I am learning how to face this because I will not lay down and die over this.

I've been to my Psychologist and she says it's nothing but I don't know.  Also Yeah, I'm done with the Wellbutrin already, I know I may have just started it yesterday but my Depersonalisation is getting really bad and my Anxiety is coming in strong.  I'm getting a hot feeling in my forehead and starting to sweat a little bit.  TMI but it gave me horrible diarrhea too.  i don't like the effects of this and I think since I've only taken it for 2 days it will be fine if I cold turkey it.  I am also 15 and have been seeing the same doctor my entire life she said she has seen nothing indicative of Bipolar just anxiety and depression, the Psychologist I'm seeing also says I'm not bipolar.
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 09:45:33 PM »
Most anxiety meds will increase your anxiety when you first start them. Some tend to do it more than others. The hardest part is getting through the first few weeks until it really starts to help.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Tags: