Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Common to be afraid of Schizophrenia?  (Read 179 times)

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Common to be afraid of Schizophrenia?
« on: March 29, 2014, 05:17:17 PM »
I imagine voices in my head but I control what they say.  I constantly question whether or not what I'm hearing is real or in my head.  I'm worried out of my mind and can't stop worrying.
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Offline Anxiousmind77

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Common to be afraid of Schizophrenia?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 07:02:24 PM »
Hiiii. I can't totally relate to your fear of schizophrenia. I to worry so much about this. And I have been for like over 2 yrs now. It's a very scary fear. But I guess one thing that comforts me a little is most people that do have schizophrenia are not aware of it. And usually a close loved one would notice something before they did. I try not to google to much on the subject because it just seems to make me more scared. So try not to do that lol. Good luck and take care.
Bookmark and Share

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 07:18:43 PM »
Thank you, my mind just never stops going, I was so scared at one point that I think I actually believed I was Schizo.  I was watching YouTube videos on how to deal with it, then it went away for about a week or two and I was consumed with the thought of being Bipolar.  Well, that went away and now I'm back on the thought of being Schizo.  I just can't control this fear it sucks.
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Offline Anxiousmind77

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 07:23:18 PM »
I hear ya. My mind seems to jump fear to fear often. Ugh I hate it! But I guess we just have to keep finding new ways to deal w it. Distraction and keeping myself busy really helps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alexk1989

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 08:01:00 AM »
Ye I believe it even has it's own label "skitz-OCD" I've been through several phases, HIV worries, Brain Tumor, Heart, and now skitzo. I've been to several therapists and they all say OCD, Panic, Hypochondria, but def not Skitz. I can also say that these symptoms such as headaches and thinking ur hearing something or seeing something all tend to increase when you looking for it and paying the attention hypervigilant or what not.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: