Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Cardiaphobia Again  (Read 133 times)

Offline Coasterdon

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Cardiaphobia Again
« on: March 29, 2014, 03:52:12 PM »
Hello

About 15 years ago I went through several years of cardiaphobia.  I had heart palps and was terrified of them.  My dr did lots of tests over 4 or 5 years.  Probably 5 ECG's, 4 monitors, 2 or more echos, 3 stress, and lots of blood work.  Finally I accepted the pvc diagnosis and was put on beta blockers.  I haven't felt any pvc's since then.  I know that doesn't mean I don't have them.

Last year my new dr noticed an irregular heart beat and sent me for an ECG.  It was ok and assumed since I have pvc's that that was it.

I have a new dr now (they keep quitting the practice) and he is treating me for mild high blood pressure.  I started taking my blood pressure at home again when I noticed the machine indicated an irregular heartbeat.  I looked at prior readings and about 15% had this.  That freaked me out.

I went to the dr for a regular apt and he took my blood pressure and it was excellent.  128/84  I mentioned the machine readings and he said he could give me a 48 hour monitor if I wanted but since I had had issues before it was probably the same.  I said no.  I don't really want to get on that roller coaster again but I do have some questions.

When the dr takes your bp and has the stethoscope on and under the cuff is he listening to your heart?  Would he notice anything?

Is the Omron irregular heart notification accurate?  what is it seeing, pvc's?

I have been having an issue with sweating lately so I am scared they are related although I do have a small thyroid issue which may be causing that otherwise I have no idea why I sweat (not profusely) mildly with the slightest activity.

I am overweight and I do probably drink more that I should and eat too much pizza but I also eat a lot of fruit whole grains and nuts.  My cholesterol is vey low and my BP is now ok.  I don't smoke.  Neither parent had heart issues but cousins have.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Don
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxious_brit

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cardiaphobia Again
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 07:38:14 PM »
It sounds like your heart is fine. Thyroid issues can certainly make one feel like they have heart issues because it can make your heart beat faster, PVCs, etc. The sweating is pretty common with anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
"The best way to prepare for life is to begin to live"

www.FindingHappy.org

Tags: