Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Desperately seeking help - my symptoms  (Read 311 times)

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Desperately seeking help - my symptoms
« on: March 29, 2014, 11:47:58 AM »
I'm just so emotionally exhausted. As soon as my symptoms go away they come back again. I'm going to list my symptoms and hopefully someone out there can help me figure out what it could be. I did discover something called Migraine associated Vertigo which sounds like it could be.

- Vertigo (lasts for a few days then goes away then comes back - mostly felt when moving head. Zero balance or coordination issues.)
- Nausea (usually when I have the vertigo.)
- Ear pain, both ears but distorted and extreme sensitive hearing in right ear.
- Neck pain
- Forhead headaches - very rarely and seperate from vertigo attacks
- Pain at the base of my skull (worried about a tumour there)
- Eyes going out of focus when I try and look distant. I had this for about a week and it stopped, now my eyes are doing it again.

I have great days where it feels like nothing is wrong and then I have awful days like today where the vertigo is awful and I feel like throwing up.

Please guys if anyone out there can help me please do. I'm so afraid.
Bookmark and Share

Offline skimbleshanks34

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Desperately seeking help - my symptoms
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 02:15:49 PM »
I have these symptoms quite often. I've narrowed it down to shallow breathing once I start getting worried or stressed. Tension from anxiety can cause ear/neck symptoms and definitely can cause a headache. My headaches are also felt 'behind the eyes' and sometimes forehead. Just try taking deep breaths when you feel the vertigo. I get it at work and need to find a quiet place to sit and breathe and sip on water for a few minutes. See if that helps!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Birch531

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 03:09:20 PM »
It's anxiety. The more you think about these symptoms and try to figure them out (believe me, I've been there and still am) the worse they feel. We give power to these symptoms by being afraid of them, spending time on them, Googling them, trying to figure out what will help them, etc. Without attention paid to them, they go away. And as we lessen our anxiety in general, they lessen or disappear. WAY easier said than done, I know. My advice is to just treat these as anxiety and work on that however you think is best (meds, therapy, etc).
Bookmark and Share

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 03:47:11 PM »
It's so easy to say it's anxiety, I'd love to believe that. Parts of it can't be anxiety, anxiety wouldn't give me distorted hearing in one ear. It probably makes symptoms worse. What I really would like to know is if it was a brain tumour or something life threatening - would the symptoms go away for a while then return or would they always be there. The only thing giving me hope right now is the thought that because the symptoms go away for a little bit it must not be something life threatening, but I don't even know if that's accurate.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 03:51:16 PM »
Plain and simple any disease doesn't come and go and not only that ... It would continuously get worse.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 04:19:57 PM »
Thank you crosbie. I really needed that assurance.  :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Birch531

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 05:38:01 PM »
I agree that the symptoms wouldn't just come and go if it were something serious. I still believe that your symptoms could all be anxiety. It can cause many, many physical symptoms, even those that seem to be completely physically caused. People have severe, debilitating back pain, for example, and it often turns out to be due to anxiety or mental causes...the physical symptom/pain is absolutely real as in it is a physiological process, but the root cause of it is mental. Hope that makes sense. There are many studies and anecdotal stories of this being the case.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 05:50:24 PM »
I understand the idea, but it's so hard to believe when it's happening to you. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 08:53:37 PM »
My dizzy/nauseous feeling is worse when I'm standing, why do you think that is
Bookmark and Share

Offline Birch531

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 08:27:48 PM »
When I'm dizzy, it's worse when standing...blood is not able to flow to the brain as easily so it makes sense to me.  But I will say, and I'm only saying this to be helpful, the trying to figure out "why" some physical symptom is the way it is only feeds it. The key is to just ride out the symptom, not fear it, not think it's anything serious and move on to something else. Believe me, I have a hard time doing this myself, but I know it's key.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 08:36:34 PM »
i have had all of this for the last 30 days.... its horrific, it has to be anxiety .....
Bookmark and Share

Offline sparx

• Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 08:49:39 PM »
Your very first sentence -- "I'm just so emotionally exhausted" -- is a big clue for you.  Those of us with HA can tie ourselves in knots, can't we?  We go on emotional overload!  And I think that ties into how we feel, physically.  I sometimes feel that when I'm in the grip of HA, I feel every little thing that's going on in my body.... and these are all sorts of things that go on normally, every day!!!  I sometimes think of HA as a big hyper microscope that doesn't allow us to see the big picture -- we just get a distorted view.  I hope you can make yourself a nice cup of tea, take some deep breaths, and try to find a safe, calm, and peaceful place in your mind.  Bash that HA monster!!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: