Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Afraid of Menningitis/Sepsis please help  (Read 221 times)

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
Afraid of Menningitis/Sepsis please help
« on: March 29, 2014, 10:58:16 AM »
Hi Guys. For the past week or so i've been getting headaches. It could be because of the weather changing, i'm not sure. The headache a few days ago went into my neck and I got ear aches along with it. My ear drugs actually make a thumping noise when I stretch my neck. The Doctor said that I just need to stretch more but I don't know.... I haven't had a fever or anything but i'm still terrified. The pain will come and go, and I've been told it has something to do with my posturing and always having my head forward (looking at a screen) for instance, but the doctors in my city are really known to half-ass it and i'm afraid they are missing something. The neck pain goes into my shoulders and yesterday made my arms and sides weak.

Please help me out. I don't know if i'm going crazy but I'm strongly feeling the need to go back to the hospital, even though i'm there more than most people go because of my hypochondria. I feel like I need to go, and I need you guys to talk me out of it.
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Afraid of Menningitis/Sepsis please help
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 11:02:36 AM »
Don't go!  You have no reason to go. 

If you had sepsis or meningitis, you wouldn't even be able to sit there and type to us. 

Sounds like a combo of bad posture and anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 11:05:37 AM »
Don't go!  You have no reason to go. 

If you had sepsis or meningitis, you wouldn't even be able to sit there and type to us. 

Sounds like a combo of bad posture and anxiety.

But I also have little pink bumps here and there on my chest too. I've been told they're rosecea before (a benign skin growth thing) but they've been popping up a lot more the past few days.... also when i move my neck i get a pain that goes from my neck into my ears and makes a thump sound on my ear drum. what if its an inner ear infection?
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline soaringfalcon

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 11:07:09 AM »
ROsacea can come and go.  You have anxiety.  You have no reason to go to the ER.  I've seen people with meningitis and sepsis.  There is no mistaking it.  Literally no mistaking it!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 11:10:05 AM »
That makes me afraid though, what if i let it get to the point of menningitis or sepsis but am too far gone to call an ambulance?

Also my ear drum just twitched.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 11:11:52 AM »
It won't get that far because you don't have it.

None of the symptoms you have even point in that direction.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 11:18:29 AM »
It won't get that far because you don't have it.

None of the symptoms you have even point in that direction.

Thank you... that was helpful.

Despite all the logic you've presented though my instincts and anxiety are still driving me to go take the bus to the hospital. I don't know why. I guess it's just the pain. I don't know. What if my acid reflux is washing back into my ears and causing damage?
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 11:26:08 AM »
That's can't happen.  The two systems aren't connected.  Do you see that you're literally sitting there grasping at straws to come up with a need to go? 

Get up, take a walk, distract your mind.  Do some breathing exercises
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 11:30:00 AM »
I don't know, i just read that acid reflux can affect the ears and cause popping... I don't know. I haven't taken my medication yet so feeling like this is really hard. I just want to cry.  :traurig001:

I wish I'd stop feeling this way.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 11:33:31 AM »
Are you treating your anxiety at all?  This can stop.  You can take your life back.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 11:35:38 AM »
Are you treating your anxiety at all?  This can stop.  You can take your life back.

I'm on clonazepam, lorazepam, and gabapentin and i'm going to start seeing a neuropsychologist in april.

I have a sinus headache too i forgot to mention that. And all this pain is constant, it only goes away a bit when I take a tylenol... which constipates me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2014, 11:42:07 AM »
Is the Klonipin as needed or taken on a regular basis?  If it's as needed, take one, and distract your thoughts.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2014, 11:44:23 AM »
Is the Klonipin as needed or taken on a regular basis?  If it's as needed, take one, and distract your thoughts.

It's taken on a schedule. 2mg, 3 times a day. I donno I feel like if I were to distract myself i'd only be deluding myself because I don't trust my own judgement.
Bookmark and Share

Online rubee

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2014, 02:19:47 PM »
I have the exact same fear and have done for years.. One thing that really helped me when I first read it and has continued to help me is: if you had it (I don't like typing the name haha) then you wouldn't wake up from sleep. You'd go to sleep and go into a coma or whatever. On the first day you experience 'symptoms'. Also I ALWAYS get worried about spots on my body so much that I no longer look at my body. It's really crap but getting dressed etc, I do not look. Just look ahead. I've even tried to limit showering as much as I can as I ALWAYS freak out if I look at my body and see a spot (there's always some kind of spot or rash going on)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: