Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I think I'm dying. Please help!  (Read 143 times)

Offline drowningwithouthope

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I think I'm dying. Please help!
« on: March 29, 2014, 10:47:39 AM »
Hi everyone. I'm new here. I'm really glad I've found this site as I've been having some horrible symptoms and I'm scared something is seriously wrong with me. About a week ago I watched a youtube video where someone was talking about their wife having numb legs and then afterwards she had a seizure. Since then, I've had numb/tingly legs. Kind of like pins and needles but not as severe. It started with my legs feeling weak. Now I have a muscle pain in my left leg. From the back of my knee, right up to my butt. I normally get that pain when I do too many leg exercises, but I haven't done any this week. My right leg still has that tingly sensation. It was in my right foot last night too, and now I sort of feel it on my forehead. The other day when I was vacuuming my right fingers went numb and swollen (like I had been out in cold weather). Of course I've driven myself crazy by googling and now I'm worried I have MS, a blood clot, diabetes, a brain tumour etc. Is this really all in my head? Is it possible to imagine symptoms for this long? I had really bad healthy anxiety 5 years ago but it slowly went away and I was pretty okay up until January and now it's suddenly come back. I haven't been to a doctor in a long time because I'm so afraid something's wrong, so I don't know what to think. This is all I've been thinking about for the past week. I can't focus on anything else! I'm hoping someone can give me some advice or reassurance please  :fragend005: :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I think I'm dying. Please help!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 01:38:34 AM »
Sounds a lot like its all in you're head. You saw the symptoms on YouTube and suddenly you went from perfectly fine to having those exact same symptoms. Let me guess..the more you think about your symptoms the worse they get? If you were going to have a seizure it would of happened already, no one has stroke like symptoms for over a week. Plus your symptoms are jumping around, first one leg, then another, then a foot, now your forehead. Real symptoms and conditions rarely jump around like that. The fact that you admit to having health anxiety before should give you some comfort because you know how HA can be. Stop thinking about it and keep yourself busy with something that will keep your full attention. You'll see that the entire time you're staying busy you wont feel anything in your legs but as soon as you begin to worry about it the feeling will come back.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mvalachovic

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I think I'm dying. Please help!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 09:21:20 AM »
I agree that it seems coincidental that this started after seeing it on YouTube. But it could be something minor like a pinched nerve. Last year one of my symptoms was tingling in the arches of my feet. Saw a neurologist for a host of symptoms but she told me to stop taking more than one prenatal (which I decided to take for the iron and vitamin D)vitamin daily because it has a large quantity  of another vitamin that can cause tingling. I forget which vitamin it was . Anyway, a year later that pins and needle in my arches isn't there. I also do have a pinched nerve in my hip that runs down my left leg.
Bookmark and Share