Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Do I have anxiety? Help me identify this...  (Read 118 times)

Offline alexbermy

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Do I have anxiety? Help me identify this...
« on: March 29, 2014, 08:08:50 AM »
Hello!

I wouldn't say I have a disorder, but I have had panic attacks in university and have had feelings of anxiety-related psychological disconnection a few times in my life.

Last week Sunday, I went to the funeral of a co-worker who was brutally murdered. The day of the funeral, I was mentally out of it. My heart was racing, mouth was dry and it all felt like a dream. Call it 'auto-pilot mode'. I wasn't conscious of time whatsoever and it felt like the longest day ever.

I was frazzled after the funeral, felt very unsociable, cloudy and just could not mentally function. I went to a friend's house and just broke down in tears and couldn't shift my focus off the death.

I've been to a lot of funerals and have never felt this way.

I know my mind was mentally preparing for the funeral the day I got the news, so this possibly lead to increased anxiety the day of the funeral.

My short-term memory was very frazzled the day after but the following day, I was completely back to normal as if nothing had happened.

Has anyone else ever felt this way? Does this sound like something else?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 163
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do I have anxiety? Help me identify this...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 10:27:21 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.

Possibly 10 posts to enter chat at the moment.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Anxiousmind77

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do I have anxiety? Help me identify this...
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 07:37:51 PM »
I'm really sorry for your loss. That's a terrible thing to have to go through. But in regards to how you were feeling before, during and after the funeral were completely normal and natural. Funerals are extremely tough and can leave you feeling drained. Maybe because of the certain circumstances of this funeral it just hit you a little harder. Very heavy stuff. Sorry again. Take care.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: