Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: This is probably why everyone is twitching (Benign Fasciculation Syndrome)  (Read 3370 times)

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
You can get calcium from almond milk as that is lactose free. Fortified cereals are good for minerals like Cheerios and rice chex. Spinach is good. Bananas are good sources of potassium. How tall are you and how much do u weigh? When u have the football sessions are you dripping wet with sweat when u leave? I'll calculate how many calories u need per day during these sessions.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Yes, someday you will die. But first will you live?
    • Poke This Member
5"8. 16 years old. 140 lbs. Depends on the day, sometimes I'm sweating to the point where I'm dripping, other days I'll break a decent sweat but not sweating beads or anything. All depends on what we do that day. Usually though, I'm not dripping wet with sweat.
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
ok so you need about 2800 to 2850 calories per day. ON days you do football you need to increase that by 500 calories. So the days you do football you should be consuming at least 3,300 calories but i would do more like 3,500 calories just to play it safe because I am only guessing of how hard you are working out. That's a lot of calories and I bet you were not consuming enough. Have you been losing weight? IF so, then yes, you were not consuming enough calories. Now, make the calories count and chose whole fresh foods and not refined white flours, soda, candy, refined sugars, crap like that. THose calories are useless and will just make you get a temporary sugar rush followed by a very tired sluggish feeling and also belching/gas/bloat. Lots of vegetables, fruit, lean chicken, fish, lean pork, and fresh whole grains are what you need. Of course, you are young, so you can have sweets too, but just remember they are empty non-nutritious calories so the bulk of what you need should be coming from fresh whole foods. On a typical day of practice, from the time you wake up to when you go to bed, record what and when and how much you eat, drink and what the food item is and how much of it it is. I can tell you if you are getting enough or not.
Bookmark and Share

Offline beast216

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Great information.

I began getting fasciculations 14 years ago following a long bout of epstein barr mono. I was a college athlete at the time and I played a whole season shaking like a wet dog. 

It has not improved over the years. Some days are better than others. The worst part is sometimes going down stairs you can feel these muscle quivering that makes you feel shaky.  Also after doing simple chores your biceps can start quivering or hands making it a nuisance.

I haven't lost any strength, or atrophy, but just have to deal with the shaking. I have tried yoga as it was recommended but the poses make the muscle quivering increase. I look like I am having full on spasms in some poses.

One more recent development has been that when I do physical activity, I am pretty wasted the rest of the day and I have really bad aches and pains that last for three to four days.

No doctor has been too concerned about all ofit and I know it is not MS. However, it is a pain and does effect the quality of my life which just adds to my anxiety and thoughts there is something more going on in my body.

Thanks for the post. About bfs.com is a good site for anyone experiencing these symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Yes, someday you will die. But first will you live?
    • Poke This Member
beast216 have you been diagnosed with BFS?
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Tags:

anything