Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone here believe in karma?  (Read 779 times)

Offline LuLu82

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone here believe in karma?
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2014, 03:58:27 PM »
yes I have thought many times over the last while with my Panic disorder that I was a serial killer in a past life.
sorry for the self pity but i really feel i must have been an evil person in another life to be in this hell.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bodhi

• Rec's: 5
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 11:37:32 AM »
Yes I believe in Karma and it explains allot to me.

For instance:

If bad people have so much prosperity it is because at one time they had good karma, then they got arrogant and are now sewing bad karma that has yet to catch up with them. Think of these financial managers who spend their life building up a good reputation, get greedy, and then ruin it all.

Or, some extremely good people live in terrible conditions and are unhealthy. Its because they are still reaping previous bad karma, but they have learned and are now sewing good karma that will eventually manifest as blessings in their life.

Truly blessed people have been sewing and reaping good karma for a long time, and all the bad karma has been exhausted. At the extreme of this you have Saints and Monks.

To me this explains all the mystery behind why "Life isn't fair". It actually is fair based on karma, we just can't see the entire picture, especially because karma is said to be spread over many lifetimes.

Karma is also why we should not compare ourselves to others and be envious. Our only business needs to be sewing good karma, and the blessings we want will eventually come.

For me I am the second case. I still am suffering from my previous anger, arrogance and irresponsibility.

However, now I follow the basic teaching of Buddha on a daily basis: don't do evil, do good and purify the mind.

Since doing that I am experiencing a stability like I have never had in my life and I am very optimistic, even though I am still experiencing difficulties from my previous actions.

So I think understanding Karma is very useful to calming my anxiety of the future. If you do good each day, avoid unethical behavior, and do things to quiet/straighten out your mind (meditation, TEA forms, exercise, etc.)... then tomorrow will take care of itself.

Bookmark and Share
How I Deal with Anxiety: BodhiSpirit.com

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 10:06:19 PM »
I can't even count the number of times that I have thought "I must have done something horribly wrong in a past life for me to deserve this." I try to put out good karma everyday, even if it is only making a friend smile. I just wish I knew what it was that I did so that I could try and rectify the situation.
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Offline TakeMeToTheKeys

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 08:17:51 PM »
I am not sure that I believe in karma but I hope it does. I try to behave as if it does and try to do as much good as possible.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: