Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: swollen lymph node in neck  (Read 154 times)

Offline chunkymonkey

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
swollen lymph node in neck
« on: March 28, 2014, 09:21:44 PM »
I've had this swollen lymph node on my neck for over a month now. I had a gum infection which lasted a week but my lymph node has not gone away. I asked my dr about it and he said it takes a while to go down but its been over a month and it hasnt decreased in size. Its a size of a kidney bean and it doesnt move around when i touch it which scares me. I had a blood test two days before my gum infection and everything came out normal. I dont have night sweats, fever nor weight loss. I do have sinus infection right now so i dont know if that can cause swollen lymph node.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aimee1875

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: swollen lymph node in neck
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 09:49:35 PM »
I have the same thing but I've had it for two months. It seemed to pop up after I had been poking about my neck so maybe I irritated it. Do you touch it a lot? That can stop it from going back down. If your really concerned go back to your doctor,that's what they're there for. All the best x
Bookmark and Share

Offline chunkymonkey

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 09:52:26 PM »
Do you know how you got the swollen lymph node? like from an infection? I try not to touch it but i cant stop worrying about it...
Bookmark and Share

Offline skimbleshanks34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 02:30:37 AM »
I have the exact same problem. Blood tests two days ago and all. The GP felt around, checked my throat and insisted that I was fine. I was convinced it was lymphoma and begged for more testing because I have swelling in my breast on the same side. He said that stress is aggravating my symptoms and the noticeable lump wasn't of a size to be concerned about. I have a lot of pain and tenderness associated with mine, which he figures is stress related. Even hormonal. I'm going to trust him and not obsess over it as best as I can to see if it improves
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aimee1875

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 05:15:04 AM »
Well it was never there until I was really poking at my neck but I don't know if you can make on swell due to just poking at your neck?? My doctor seemed unhelpful do I really dont know what to do. It's ruining my life!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: