Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Could this be lymphoma?  (Read 257 times)

Offline Aimee1875

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Could this be lymphoma?
« on: March 28, 2014, 08:03:07 PM »
Basically around 2 months ago I kept poking at my neck because I thought I could feel something but I think it was just a bone or muscle. Then I developed a lump which my doctor thinks is a lymph node. It only got bigger when I had the cold but it's around the size of a pea,but I think it's shrunk since the time I discovered it. My doctor didn't seem concerned and said there wasn't anything abnormal there but I don't believe him. I've also recently had a very sore back which some people say is a symptom? I am 14 years old and petrified,please give me reassurance x
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Could this be lymphoma?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 08:17:43 PM »
Are you unusually fatigued?  Have fevers?   Those are symptoms.  By you poking at that node all the time you are irritating it and THAT can keep it going.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aimee1875

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 08:19:50 PM »
No I'm never tired and don't have fevers. I know I shouldn't touch it but it never seems to go away and it's making me really down. I also have an achy collarbone/chest sometimes which scares me too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 08:30:00 PM »
Oh also, nights sweats is a big symptom.   No, "Dr. Sunlover" says you are fine!   :action-smiley-065:
Seriously, you don't have lymphoma symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aimee1875

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 08:42:15 PM »
Hahaha thank you!!!, I think deep down its nothing because since the beginning of the year I've thought I've had breast cancer and a brain tumour so I think I'm being seriously paranoid,hopefully. Thanks for your help x
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 09:55:05 PM »
My daughters friend had Hodgkins Lymphoma and his main symptoms were severe joint pain and massive weight loss.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Aimee1875

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 05:12:50 AM »
I have severe join pain right now but that's due to p.e at school. I've had no weight loss either. I had a pretty bad chest infection quite a while back and I that the cough has never really went away but over yesterday it gotten worse which is frightening me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 06:56:37 AM »
Then that COUGH may explain the enlarged lymph node!  Coughs can last for months!  I had one that would worsen every 2 days!  (NO other symptoms, not even feeling sick! And I am a person that NEVER gets a cough) After 2 months I went to a doctor (she gave me one of those things to stop the inflammation of the bronchial tubes and some mucinex and it went away - had it from February to May!  (She thinks it was allergies, that was in 2004, never happened again) - but even an allergy can enlarge a lymph node.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aimee1875

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 07:04:49 AM »
Maybe!!! It's like when you see about how a cough can be a symptom of HL you freak out!!, it's definitely gotten better (my cough) but sometimes you can still hear that the coughs still there(sorry if that makes no sense) and I do sleep with my window open a lot and it can get pretty chilly in scotland so that's maybe why.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hadit

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 09:02:10 AM »
My current anxiety is lymphoma also. I posted about it. Problem with me is that I DO have low grade fevers and a new lymph node popped out on the side of my chest. Very small lentil size but it is new and its there. Went to the doctor at least 10 times in 2 weeks. They ran some blood tests and did a SPEP test also which looks for blood cancers. All came back fine. But I'm still not Convinced. She stated that the nodess I have are "reactive" nodes. What does that even mean? Next week I'm scheduled to see a hematologist for my severe anemia and for these nodes that are driving me insane. Most I've had all of my life but 2 new ones are making me nuts. I'm tired of hearing that I'm thin and so they stick out. My GP also said that the hematologist would not biopsy them bcz they're lentil size and much too small. My anxiety is so bad, I can't even care for my family at the moment.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aimee1875

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 10:07:18 AM »
Hi,hadit. Sorry to hear your going through the same,it's ripping me apart! Mine only popped up after I kept poking at my neck for a week so I don't know if I've annoyed it or what. My doctor was completely useless and said there's nothing abnormal but I don't believe him. Today I feel like I've developed a chest infection and cold even though I've only just recently had the cold and a chest infection a couple if months back which is making me panic. I wish I could just believe in what people tell me but it's hard :angry-smiley-034:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: