Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: For the ladies: OC scare  (Read 225 times)

Offline ans1723

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
For the ladies: OC scare
« on: March 28, 2014, 06:18:39 PM »
I am really upset right now as my anxiety is really high. My period was weeks late this month and in September I had some mid-cycle bleeding. A few years ago I was diagnosed with a large complex cyst (consistent with possible endometriosis, but never confirmed) on my left ovary. ca125 was 13. I was put on BC and the cyst was gone on the follow up ultrasound as well as another ultrasound a year later. I am not on BC anymore because my husband and I want to have a baby. Anyways, during my yearly last year my new gyn told me I have a retroverted uterus. I asked why no one has told me this before and he said it isn't uncommon. I have for years tested with blood in urine on and off. I went to an urgent care clinic (before I had found my new primary) and they ordered a pelvic ultrasound (TV as well) and a renal ultrasound. Renal US was normal but under findings for the pelvic US he wrote:  small to moderate amount of free fluid in pelvis without uterine, ovarian, or adnexal mass. Retroverted uterus without mass. Central endometrial stripe measuring 9mm. My gyn told me these findings were all normal for someone my age!? I Googled the free fluid alone and read that it's not normal. With all my random problems, I am really starting to worry. I made another gyn appt. but I'm upset because I know the waiting process will mean weeks before I get answers if any at all...
Bookmark and Share

Offline confunded

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: For the ladies: OC scare
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 06:39:56 PM »
Sending big hugs. It's really tough to swallow when they tell you things are "normal" without much of an explanation. I find it helps to try and formulate a plan with my doctor, such as asking questions like "at which point should I come back? What symptoms should I watch for? Will there be a follow up test?"  Then I don't feel like I am left up a creek without a paddle.

Health concerns can be incredibly isolating sometimes. I'm not sure what a retro vetted uterus is? But it's probably a good thing the BC could help resolve some issues!
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 06:40:58 PM »
If there was anything to worry about I'm sure your OB would have ordered more tests. I know how you feel tho, I'm going thru a bunch of feminine issues myself.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 07:57:51 PM »
None of those are signs of OC.  A titled uterus is completely normal.  So many women have it.  It's just the way you were made.  I have one.

I have an increased risk of OC due to family history and use of fertility medication and the Dr says my chances of getting it are almost nil. 

Hope that helps!
Bookmark and Share

Online aec711

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 10:29:11 PM »
I am scared of OC right now too!  It is a new one for me.  And it all started because I looked up constipation and heartburn and that is what I kept finding. Go figure. And then my period was 5 days late this month and it is NEVER late.  And, I am not pregnant :)  But, I just wanted to say that I am an xray tech and when I was in school 10 + years ago, a friend of mine was practicing ultrasound and did a pelvic ultrasound on my and I had free fluid then as well - and it meant nothing. I also have a tilted uterus that goes to the left and backwards.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 10:41:41 PM »
With your ovarian cyst history, that could be the source of the fluid - a popped cyst can leave some fluid about until it's reabsorbed. 

A normal CA125 means you almost certainly do not have any kind of cancer or other problem within your reproductive organs.  Mine was, I think, 249, when I only had benign endometriomas - normal tops out at 35.   
Bookmark and Share

Tags: