Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Convinced I'm dying :(  (Read 226 times)

Offline confunded

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Convinced I'm dying :(
« on: March 28, 2014, 04:58:12 PM »
I have been feeling so scared lately. I have a lump in my breast, but I also seem to have a lump in the back of my neck. I'm scared I have cancer (like breast or lymphoma) and it's too late for me. That it has spread to my lymph nodes and I'm going to die. In January I went to the ER with chest pains, thinking I had a blood clot. It turns out I didn't, but my d diamer was high which I read can indicate cancer. My family doc seemed unconcerned.

I'm 27. I feel so alone in my fear, I have no one who understands. My doctor thinks I'm for sure crazy, and it takes a week to get in to him. I was just there. My fiancée basically told me what will be, will be. He doesn't understand.
Why do so many symptoms randomly show up? I am so tired of this. :( I want to be mentally and physically healthy again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
Re: Convinced I'm dying :(
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 05:05:32 PM »
Well the thing is a lump can manifest for any number of reasons. It could be a little ball of fat, really anything. But if you've just discovered it in the last little while you're not in any immediate danger. What I would do, is ask your doctor the next time you talk to him to do an xray of your chest and/or neck, to get a better look at what's going on. You can even have a biopsy done (which is a peice of cake, i've had a couple) where they remove the lump and send it off to see if its cancerous.

As of right now though, I don't think you have much to worry about. I know the waiting and uncertainty is the hardest. But just remember, even if it is something, you've caught it early, and it takes a long time to spread into your lymph nodes. My father had cancer for years before he dragged his stubborn butt to a doctor and it had only entered a few lymph nodes, even after his neglect of a big red oozing thing on his chest for 3 years.

Just stay on top of it, and I know you'll be just fine. :)

Blessed Be,

-Tom
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline Melissa509

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 06:12:06 PM »
Cancer is my biggest fear, any problem I have, I automatically think cancer. like right now with my shoulder pain.

I know women who have had breast lumps and they were just fibroid. In fact just recently one of my older friends found a lump and her breast was sore, she had a biopsy and scan and it was not cancer.

Make that doctor appointment, it's best to be checked. Praying it's nothing!
Bookmark and Share

Offline confunded

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 10:47:05 PM »
Thank you for your responses :)

I have an ultrasound booked for this week, but I'm starting to think it's just a cyst. My breast swells post ovulation and then stops hurting and decreases in size after my period. Right now I'm concerned about my lymph nodes, since they feel swollen and uncomfortable in my neck. But in wondering if it could be a tooth infection, as I have a tooth that is crazy sensitive right now. Or it could be from my shoulder, which like yours Melissa has been super painful and it could just be inflamed all on the one side.

It's so hard to be realistic about these things when there are so many horror stories. I never pictured me living a life like this with fear and anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Melissa509

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 11:00:03 PM »
It really does suck. I see a lot of people having anxiety about MS, and well I've had MS since I was 25 so a good 10 years. If anyone asked me to choose between anxiety and MS, I'd keep the ms and get rid of the anxiety. That's how much it sucks!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: