Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Cardiac Arrest and Heart Disease Anxiety  (Read 226 times)

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Strength is in the eye of the beholder.
    • Poke This Member
Cardiac Arrest and Heart Disease Anxiety
« on: March 28, 2014, 04:50:32 PM »
I was beginning to do well with my anxiety until life punched me in the face. I got a massive sinus infection [which is in remission due to antibiotics], I got broken up with and worst of all, our local hospital is closing and my mom lost her job. :( My legs felt like jello yesterday and kept squeezing, and when I got to the hospital to protest, I almost hit the floor. I felt like I couldn't move my legs, the ground spun and I almost fainted several times. I felt my breath almost literally stop and I literally thought that I was going to die right then and there. It was awful, but I stood for a cause. Now, I'm convinced that my legs feel like jello due to heart disease. I keep having to urinate at night after being bloated all day. I keep having muscle cramps, and yesterday, I had an awful heart palp that felt like someone pressed on my chest for a moment.

I woke up at 2:30 from a night mare feeling like I was going to stop breathing and convinced that my heart was going to stop when I woke up that lasted a few moments after that. I've been awake 14 hours, I'm still bloated for some reason [after peeing for most of the morning], I'm really tired, and I feel physically weird. I'm really nervous that something's going to happen and no one's going to be around to help me. My heart rate seems slowed most of the time. :( I need help, is something going to happen?
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cardiac Arrest and Heart Disease Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 04:59:30 PM »
You know I really feel for you, because I get this fear a lot myself. I have high blood pressure and worry about that, and know about the pressing sensation on the chest like the heart had stopped you talked about.

Here is the good news. If your under the age of 25, a heart attack is virtually unheard of in the medical community. Also, if your blood pressure is good, (diastolic consistantly under 90,) then thats another point in your favor.

To me if your that worried about it, call your doctor and request an ECG be done. They just put stickers on your chest for a bit and look at the rhythm of your heart. It takes less than a minute, and will tell your doctor everything he/she needs to know about your heart pretty definitively.

Now as far as immediate concern, you're not in any danger unless your face becomes covered in sweat, you feel the classic strong pain going from your chest into your arm, at that point i'd seek medical attention. But at this point, you've given me no reason to think you're in any immediate danger. :)

Blessed Be,

-Tom
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 05:06:03 PM »
I had an EKG done last summer-- came out normal....I am 16, usually have normal blood pressure but at times it can be slightly elevated. Yesterday, after said protest, my HR was 122 [probably from walking ,I was still dizzy] but my BP was 117/77, so it was normal, not too low or high.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 05:17:15 PM »
I'd say if you had a heart attack, i'd eat my hat. heh. Its just because your so young and your blood pressure is fantastic! Stay away from energy drinks (they kill), and book an appointment with your doctor to talk about all you've been feeling. Also, request another ECG just to be sure, since it has been a year. But in this case, I really don't think you're in any immediate danger. :)
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 05:19:28 PM »
I hate energy drinks- I stay far away from them! And the hospital here is closing, but I will talk to doctors when I get a chance.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.

Tags: