Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Always seem to have a fast heart rate  (Read 97 times)

Offline AmandaH33

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Always seem to have a fast heart rate
« on: March 28, 2014, 04:26:57 PM »
Hi all,
I am a little concerned about my heart rate recently, My resting heart rate seems to stay anywhere between 85-120 I had test done a few years ago and everything was fine, but this is literally scaring me, and it's hard for me to relax. I know it gets faster if I keep checking it, but even when I am not checking it I can feel it beating fast sometimes. I am sure it doesn't help being homebound right now because I am constantly worrying about it.
I'm just wondering if any of you have the same problem? :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
Re: Always seem to have a fast heart rate
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 04:39:27 PM »
Oh yeah, I get that a lot. Especially after i've used my asthma inhaler, of have yet to take my dose of clonazepam. That heart rate is within the realm of safety, and probably even a physical manifestation of your anxiety. Then the anxiety causes you to worry about your heart rate, so its a vicious cycle.

As far as your heart is concerned what you should really be watching for is your Blood Pressure. Use one of those machines at the pharmacy that take your blood pressure whenever your there and keep a record of it for your doctor to review. (make sure to sit down for 5 minutes first as to not skew the results). Typically the top number doesn't matter all that much. The bottom number, Diostolic or whatever it's called is what you want to watch for. If it's consistently over 90 then it's something to talk to your doctor about for sure, but even then you're young. And a person as young as you look having a heart attack is totally unheard of in the medical community. :)

In other words, don't worry, I think you're going to be just fine for now.
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline NightBlizzard

• Rec's: 1
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 04:41:41 PM »
Please don't worry! Having a faster heart rate isn't always a bad sign! My heart rate is usually in the 80's even when I'm just sitting around and doing nothing all day. I'm 19 and the doctors haven't found anything out of the ordinary with my heart. (My little brother who is 14 also has a fast heart rate too!). If all the tests that you've done throughout the years are showing that you're fine than just chalk it up to your heart just being a little on the fast side is all :)
Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 04:48:01 PM »
I can't emphasize enough how our anxiety can cause physical symptoms, even if we don't feel anxious. It's a curse and it really sucks... but i'm slowly starting to learn that it's a thing we have to deal with as best we can.
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Tags: