Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Headache, sore neck, weakness and pain in my arms and sides  (Read 151 times)

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
Headache, sore neck, weakness and pain in my arms and sides
« on: March 28, 2014, 01:11:41 PM »
Guys i'm freaking out. Really bad. My diagnosis is hypocondria and really bad anxiety. I have a pain that goes from my head into my neck, then I noticed I got sort of light headed, now I'm noticing that my arms feel weak and sore when I try to use the arm rest to help myself up. My sides feel weak/sore when I do that too. I think its from neck strain from craning my head foward and having bad posture when I sit, but i'm not sure. I have a weakness in my upper back too with the occasional pain there. I've been getting sore joints/muscles and weakness in the legs for about a week now but

I was seen by a doctor in the ER for the headache and neck pain yesterday (he said to stretch more)... and now I have this new stuff... and I just don't want to go to the hospital for a third day in a row. I'm nearly in tears. The crisis worker tried to tell me to take a tylenol and relax because its all related back to anxiety but i'm having a hard time believing her.

Things come to mind like meningitis, stroke, etc etc. My anxiety tells me to go to the hospital right now incase things get worse, because if I have to go later on I wouldn't have cab fair home and would have to wait 6 hours in the emerge waiting room for the first bus in the morning because they stop running at midnight.

Now my legs are starting to feel weak and my foot is tingling and I just want to cry and cry. Please guys help me out, please.
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline PandaNinja

Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
Re: Headache, sore neck, weakness and pain in my arms and sides
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 03:54:42 PM »
are we aloud to bump threads? Sorry to double post but i'm really freaking out here.
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline ashmaster

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 04:16:27 PM »
You don't want to keep going to the er if you don't have to. If they said you have bad anxiety, you have bad anxiety.
Its hard to accept that but it can cause physical symptoms. most of mine are dizzyness and the like.
Bookmark and Share

Offline forever young

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 04:17:44 PM »
you said yourself you know you suffer from health anxiety. if you had meningitis you would be running a high fever, severe headache stiff neck. If it was a stroke you would have more symptoms than just minor pain. the weakness is from scaring yourself. I get weak a lot of times and sometimes not after a scare. If you could calm down you would see most would go away. do you have any medication? I hope you are getting better since you have been to the er they said you were okay they would have found the other if they thought you had them.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 04:43:49 PM »
Well I took a tylenol a while ago, extra strength, but I still have that headache. You're right though. I can't freak out until i get the hallmark signs of meningitis, like super stiff painful neck, and a high fever. What about Sepsis though? I had a gum infection that i had to stop an antibiotic early for a month ago because of the side effects. what if that spread to my brain?

I guess my main fear is something happening at night, like around 5 to 7 pm, then I end up having to go to the hospital, and end up missing the last bus and having no way home because i'm broke and can't afford bus fare right now.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: