Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pressure/Sensation in back of Neck interfering with sleep  (Read 146 times)

Offline Aerospace

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pressure/Sensation in back of Neck interfering with sleep
« on: March 28, 2014, 11:36:38 AM »
I don't know where to begin...for the past week I've been constantly feeling like I'm in some sort of brain fog.  Constantly feel detached, and like my brain isn't fully there.  Last night for the most recent example, I tried laying down to go to bed and I get a weird pressure sensation in the back of my neck, feeling like coming from the brain stem, enough for it to be noticeable and distract me. But on top of that I can't seem to sleep, my body feels tired but the constant pressure/feeling from my neck and my brain feeling not right...not normal is keeping me up and unable to sleep.

My mind is racing at this point on what it could be....my brain just doesn't feel like it's normal... is this to be expected with anxiety? I've recently become aware of it and still not 100% sure on what's going on.

Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pressure/Sensation in back of Neck interfering with sleep
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 12:40:11 PM »
Hi,

Welcome to the group . . . .any beginning is a good beginning . . . .I guess my best advice is to check it out with a med professional so you can start focusing on recovery . . .sometimes when we do not know what the symptoms mean, well, we start making up all sorts of causes that are probably not true . . . when I am stressed, my shoulders and neck are an early warning system that I need to think about what is going on in my life . . .has anything been bothering you recently? have you experienced a negative event and perhaps it is playing in the back of your mind and distracting you? . . . until you get checked out by a med professional, you will probably not be able to deal with the symptoms . . .if they are from anxiety, then you need to get some professional counseling help, not necessarily meds, to help you to identify the triggers and manage them . . . but the longer you postpone this, the more intense the symptoms are likely to become . . . so, in order to be sure, ask a professional . . . in the meantime, come here to this forum anytime . . . to check in, to chat, to complain, to say hi, to do whatever might make you feel a bit better . . .we'll do our best to help, but remember that we are not a substitute for medical advice . . . we can help you with the questions to ask but our experiences are all so unique at times that you need some one-to-one personalized insights into what is going on . . . you'r catching this early, so recovery is completely within your grasp . . .take care, check in with us, kc
Bookmark and Share

Tags: