Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New to the forums  (Read 74 times)

Offline Michael60302

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New to the forums
« on: March 28, 2014, 06:09:57 AM »
Found this website doing a search online. Looks pretty interesting, so I thought I'd post something.

I'm a 49 year old guy whose had anxiety and panic disorder for about 15 years or so. Over the years I've learned to work around some of it, but by and large it controls my life to this day. Back when it first began (just before my dad died), I was so scared of having a panic attack that I quit jobs just to stay home. My work history for the past 15 years is terrible, due to my anxiety. I can't find work to save my life now. Back when the anxiety first started, I also became very depressed by it and stopped taking care of myself. I put on a lot of weight, stopped brushing my teeth, didn't shower much, etc. I ended up losing all my teeth from disease in 2005. To this day I haven't been able to work to buy myself dentures. This has me very depressed as well. Self-conscious to boot. I've tried just about every SSRI out there, but had horrible side effects. I tried Buspar, but all it did was make me throw up. Xanax helps with the bad cases of panic, but I don't take them often due to their addictive nature. I'm at a crossroads in my life right now, as I can't seem to move forward and improve myself. I still have anxiety 24/7. My heart skips sometimes and that freaks me out. I'm on an a-fib medication now because I'd panic myself into an arrhythmia. I'm diabetic, weigh 350 lbs and have a hard time walking or standing. It seems like there's no way out of this. My family has talked to me, but they don't see things objectively and they are very tired of my issues anyway. Seeing a professional would be nice, but no insurance. So, what do I do? I don't want to keep going on like this. This isn't living. Any suggestions would be most welcome.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: New to the forums
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 07:04:33 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.

Possibly 10 posts to enter chat at the moment.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline amicus

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 07:12:20 AM »
i am 58 years old and have had anxiety since i was 17.  it has been getting worse again even thou i take meds for it.  i am a mom of 2 daughters and have 5 grandchildren.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Michael60302

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 11:17:48 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.

Possibly 10 posts to enter chat at the moment.

Oh, thanks for the tip. I'll post this in a better place.  ;D
Bookmark and Share