Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My new fear is Ovarian Cancer...uggg...will it ever end?!  (Read 216 times)

Offline aec711

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
My new fear is Ovarian Cancer...uggg...will it ever end?!
« on: March 28, 2014, 12:08:55 AM »
I went through bad HA in February and March - and then I went on vacation, had a great time and the worry seemed to go away.  Now, I am back and have time to think again and now my brain says I have ovarian cancer.  This is a new one for me.  Anyone else have this fear? What were your symptoms?  I was fine until I looked up my heartburn/constipation issue and one of the first things I see is ovarian cancer.  I never would have put those together.  Now, I have decided I am bloated and have a sharp pain on and off in my right ovary area.  I am almost 33 - so I think I am pretty young for O.C and then I look and find all these stories about young people with it. Uggg....
Bookmark and Share

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My new fear is Ovarian Cancer...uggg...will it ever end?!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 08:56:15 AM »
This is on my mind at the moment too. There are stories everywhere  about any kind of ca in young people.

There are far less stories of anxiety, ibs. And or phantom pains.

Firstly the phantom pains about 4 years ago I had the ache in right pelvic area. It went on from months. This was before I had ha. Eventually I had a pelvix ultrasound and it was clear!!!

I'm also worrying about ovarian ca right now. But do you know that ovarian cysts produce the same symptoms?! So if there even was something there it's far far more likely to be a cyst.

Have you seen your gp?x
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My new fear is Ovarian Cancer...uggg...will it ever end?!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 11:04:00 PM »
I was 10000% sure I had ovarian cancer a few years ago (I was 28 at the time).  I had a big - 11 cm, think "small grapefruit" - complex cyst, and a smaller one on the other side.  I had EVERY symptom in the book - pain (it was miserable), bloating (my stomach got big fast - I couldn't even lie on my stomach; it was like lying on a Pogo Ball!), stomach problems.  My CA125 was 249; highest "normal" value is 35.   I was referred to a gyn/onc for the surgery because it was their area of expertise.  Naturally, that scared me even more.  Even though all three doctors I spoke to about it put my odds at it being benign 95-98%. 

After all that, it was in fact endometriosis, just like the oncologist predicted.  With my hypochondria and googling, I had convinced myself it was cancer, but it wasn't.  My odds at it being cancer were astonishingly low, even with more specific indicators than yours, and when I googled all I found were horror stories.

Talk to your GYN about it.  Chances are he or she will tell you it's a benign cyst or something like IBS.  But you really don't need to get worked up just yet, because the odds are VERY low that anything serious is wrong. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: