Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety Causing Stomach and Muscle tightness symptoms  (Read 258 times)

Offline Mannybilly1030

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety Causing Stomach and Muscle tightness symptoms
« on: March 27, 2014, 06:55:35 PM »
Hi its been more then 2 weeks that my anxiety has worsen. Lately ive been stressing out on school and my grandmas chemo sessions. Now my grandma on my moms side gets her results for cancer so im still worried. So the symptoms I've been having is like intestinal gurgling, gas (both ways), like in the pit of my stomach burns sometimes and i feel that burning sensation in my throat to. It also feels like a knot on the upper right side of my abdomen. Sometimes i dont wanna eat, and when i do i eat fast. I have never ate fast the way i do ever since my anxiety came about my habits and symptoms have been going hay wire. Sometimes i get a mild cramp but its mot that bad. And my stools come out fine there was a point in time they came out thin but thats no more. I haven't had diarrhea or vomiting. But to i gross out on some foods i see, Chocolate or like pastries. I remember having these symptoms the first month i had VERY BAD anxiety attacks, to the point where i threw up water and the food i ate. And i felt a vibrating sensation in my body and the jitters and i got very bad anxiety to where i also felt i was floating. Well thats it with the stomach symptoms i also get neck pain like if the muscle is pinched or knotted and my upper back feels the same but when i massage it, its so sore it huts and burns. The burning sensation barely came about i have never felt that. so if anyone can relate to this please coment. Also im checked for so many things and theres never anything wrong, my doctors know i suffer from GAD And OCD.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety Causing Stomach and Muscle tightness symptoms
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 06:46:33 AM »
Could be a small bit of acid reflux in there. Stress can bring this about. It can make your stomach sound like world war 3 is going on inside of it. You could also just be tensing the various muscles up. Do that for long enough and it would hurt a bit. The answer? It can all be about trying to learn how to relax and stay calm. I know there is a lot going on in your life. Grandmother wise and the likes. The final outcome there is out of your hands. Not trying to sound cold or bad at all. It is one of those things you will just have to wait and hope for the best for her. Stressing out over it won't solve her problems. I am sure she would not want you like this. We are always concerned about family members. I think you have let it bring you down to a point were it is effecting you and bringing about a good few symptoms. Learning how to relax would serve you well. Lots of good videos on you tube. Worth watching and using them.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 07:22:18 AM »
I started getting acid reflux after my anxiety attacks came. I found there's something that may help you: antacids. The chewable kind. They start to work so fast that you will notice a difference. Once you do you can be sure of what the problem is, which makes it easier to not get stressed out, which makes the problem come less.

Also, people don't notice this but when they are anxious or panicked, they tense up all over, which causes pain which furthers anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline poppadr3w

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 11:28:54 PM »
My first symptom was gastrointestinal related. I went to the Gastro and had an endoscopy, CAT Scan, Gasto Sonogram and other testing done. I know exactly what you're doing through!

What helped me, initially, was Apple Cider Vinegar. Two teaspoons in a glass with water and some honey, chug it and my reflux went away for awhile. It'd only get bad if I ate really greasy food or drank a lot of alcohol.

I eventually realized it was anxiety when it flared up again when my grandmother and Mom both went into the hospital in the same weekend. I felt fine that weekend... Calm, cool, collected. Worried, of course, but not stressed and I didn't have any symptoms. Then that Monday at work it hit me. My Mom was home and my Grandma was doing OK. Like a freight train! BANG! It wasn't just my stomach; Rather, it was my whole body felt like it was on lock down. I felt like my chest was going to rip itself open it felt so tight. I had never felt such a way. It was the epitome is of discomfort. I left work and made it a few miles away and had to call an ambulance because I couldn't even sit up straight in my car. I'm 25... I shouldn't have to worry about such things, but anxiety generates these illusions and the physical manifestations come out.

Anyway, I still have some stomach issues. They come and go, especially when going onto new medicine (Which I believe is the extra Serotonin in the gut). But that goes away.

I suggest the Apple Cider Vinegar thing. It tastes terrible... But it's cheap (Google "Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar" [I think that's how it is spelled]) and it contains a bunch of micronutrients as well. Just don't take it straight. Bad idea. It's bad for the esophagus as well.

Otherwise, antacids help. Try Ginger Tea. If you have a hard time eating foods, try making a smoothy with everything you need vitamin-wise. I would sometimes make smoothies with Almond Milk, Chocolate Almond Milk, Protein Powder, Strawberries, Banana, Kale and so on. This way you can drink it at your pace and it's easier to go down. You don't have to sit there chewing, which caused nausea in some instances for me.

Lastly, Xanax helped me a TON, especially when getting used to new medicine. Many people say it has a high potential for abuse, but it has been a miracle pill. I try not to take too much, but for awhile my stomach was so bad I had to take one every morning just to get through work.

Best of luck to you!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: