Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Prozac work for HA?  (Read 121 times)

Offline Todohert

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Prozac work for HA?
« on: March 27, 2014, 06:16:10 PM »
I always struggle with HA during winter and spring.  This year has been the worst so far.  My dr. Is starting me on a low dose of Prozac.  I'm hoping it will help but here are my questions:
1.  Does Prozac help with health anxiety?
2.  I'm leaving for vacation in a week.  Should I wait to start taking it until I return?
3.  I tried Zoloft a couple of years ago and had an awful experience.  Will Prozac be the same and if so, can I take Xanax with it to get me through the first few weeks?

Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Prozac work for HA?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 06:25:43 PM »
it works differently for everyone since no bodys chemistry is the same

but i was just on prozac for 3 weeks and it made me nutts and made my anxiety worse by 80 times the physical symptoms of anxiety were a thousand times worse, i am nauseous dizzy random numb spots on my scalp and tingling in my arms etc.. i stopped it cold turkey monday night hope i feel better in a few days

started at 10mg then went to 20 mg for 5 days and it was horrendous

give it a try i have heard good experiences with it but not for me

good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Prozac work for HA?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 06:28:48 PM »
All SSRIs work differently for different people. What may work for one person could not make a difference for someone else. Just because Zoloft didn't work for you doesn't mean it will be the same with Prozac.

I take 40 mg of Prozac, and I would say my HA has decreased GREATLY. I was a mess months ago. I have OCD, and it seems my obsessions have switched from HA back to germs. I can't say if the Prozac helped, or my OCD just switched. Anyway, my family sees a difference in my over all mood.

I personally would wait until I returned from vacation to start taking it, because you may have some start up side effects. I was nauseous when I first started Prozac at 10 mg. You don't want anything ruining your vacation! Relax and just take it when you get back home.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: