Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Been twitching for 7 weeks.  (Read 178 times)

Offline GoodTimesahead

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Been twitching for 7 weeks.
« on: March 27, 2014, 05:06:45 PM »
Hello everyone. I posted a few weeks back but it seems I'm still having some issues. I herniated two disks in my neck back in 07, and my right bicep lost about 30% of its strength (one disk was the C6, responsible for the biceps and wrist extensors which makes sense). The strength came back after about 3 months. I seem to have aggravated it again 2 months ago as my right bicep and wrists went weak again. I can still curl a 40 pound dumbbell but with great difficulty. MRI shows herniated c4-c5 and c5-c6 mostly on the right side. My arm is still weaker 2 months later. It doesn't sSorryeem to be getting any worse, and may even be a tad stronger but it's hard for me to tell. My eyelid was twitching shortly after my arm issue, I googled it and ALS came up. Now I've been getting near constant twitching not only in my bicep and wrist that I injured, but all over my body. I've had a neuro look at me and he didn't seem too concerned but I really wasn't satisfied. I'm not dropping anything and my legs are strong, but with my right bicep being weaker combined with the twitching in really scared. My triceps are still ok and I can bench press a good a amount of weight, but the fear is getting me down. Does anyone know if ALS can start like this? I have an EMG next Friday and I'm scared of what they'll tell me. Sorry for the long post any info would help. I'm 37 and the doc said I'm too young for something that bad but that comment annoyed me because I know it's not true. Thx everyone. I've had no atrophy that I can see, and doing daily tasks aren't a problem.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Been twitching for 7 weeks.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 05:35:25 PM »
Go to a mirror and close one eye gently, is your eyelid twitching? Or take phone camera and make video when you have both eyes closed, are your eyelids twitching?
Bookmark and Share

Offline GoodTimesahead

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 05:51:39 PM »
Yes when I close them they seem to twitch. Great, this is bad isn't it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 05:56:18 PM »
Yup, you have the same thing as me, BFS caused by very high anxiety. ;) Eye test I've told you is kind of a proof for it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline GoodTimesahead

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 05:58:43 PM »
Lol, nice sense of humor hypo I thought I had Ebola or something. Thx for the reply. So a twitch when the eye is closed is a sign of bfs?? I've never heard of that. I can't deny my anxiety has been through the roof for the last two months.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 06:04:38 PM »
It's sign of anxiety induced twitching and BFS -benign fasciculation syndrome is just a fancy term for that.

When I went to neurologist last year because of twitching first thing she told me was to close my eyes. They started twitching of course and she told me that I am very, very anxious.

So, no worries, I have twitching for over a year now. Sometimes in the same place for days, sometimes different places on the same day, then I have days without twirching...you get used to it...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 06:05:52 PM »
I have bulging discs in lumbar.  It has made my leg and back weak for several months now.  I'm waiting on healing of them.  Hard as I cannot isolate my back.  I use it just to breathe.

I had some good days, but overdid it on spring cleaning, so hurting again.

The twitching can be from the nerve compression
Bookmark and Share
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.  
John 8:32

Offline GoodTimesahead

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 06:18:37 PM »
Thx Daisy. Hoping it's just the pinched nerve wrecking havok.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: