Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I Just feel really down at times? Is this normal?`Is it SAD?  (Read 235 times)

Offline Drewdude

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
I Just feel really down at times? Is this normal?`Is it SAD?
« on: March 27, 2014, 01:15:12 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure who to turn to on this, i keep thinking i can handle it but not sure.  Anyway I have basically suffered from HA and hypocondria for ages now.  I always dealt with it but i alwasy had awful feelings about things happening.  In september last year i found a great book on Mindfullness and this really really helped!!  I have been meditating ever since and it does usually help.  BUT recently i've just had real down feelings and it seems that if i dont do the meditation i will always feel like this!  Actually i did get quite depressed last summer because of my job.  I'm still in my job and looking elsewhere but i keep thinkig that although the change will be good for me, what if i hate the change and lose all my friends and have to leave my house and rent somewhere else.

Its all building up on me and although usually i feel happy, i just keep getting these low moods where nothing seems to excite me.  I get them a couple of times a week.  Often when i go outside funnily enough...i think the bare trees and grey skies are making me depressed and i keep thinking summer will make it alright...but then i think...what if i'm still the same in summer...that scares me...

Do i just need a holiday?  I havent had one for ages or what else can i do?  I never considered mysefl a depressive person but often went a bit moody but that was me just thinking i was being 'cool'...anyway any advice would be appreciated.   

Is it wise for me to change jobs and move house?  The job is very stressful and although my work is good the place and amnagement are awful.  But i dont really want to lose my house and my friends...but i do think i need a change of scene?  Oh i dont know...i'm a libran aswell so sure thats not helping my decision!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline BrambleRamble93

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I Just feel really down at times? Is this normal?`Is it SAD?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 11:25:38 PM »
I think what you've been feeling is totally normal.  You're just getting hit with life things.  You seem stressed and also seem to be a worrier (like me  :bigsmile:)  You probably could use a holiday.  Some time to enjoy the things you enjoy doing.  We all need that every once in a while.

I don't want to tell you if you should take this new job or not as that is a pretty big personal decision and I'd hate to influence you to do something you regret.  All I can say is try to do whatever makes you happy, but this is coming from someone who just started the whole grown up thing and I'm seeing that it is hard to be happy when life and society demand so many things from you that are not fun, lol.  Hope things work out for you!
Bookmark and Share
If you put water into a cup it becomes the cup, if you put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle, if you put it into a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash.  Be water my friend.  - Bruce Lee

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: I Just feel really down at times? Is this normal?`Is it SAD?
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 07:54:33 AM »
Meditation is a big part of my life and is key in helping me to stay calm, deal with stress, boost my confidence, be at one with myself. Depression may require more consideration for which I turn to exercise, CBT, reading, thinking, journaling.

If you are slipping into depression you may want to see a therapist. Sometimes medication is indicated. Work issues are very hard to assess. Some people do well with change, others (like me) are terrified of it. Requires insight into self which may be the adventure ahead of you. What are your expectations. Learn about yourself.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: