Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: im telling you this is a brain tumor.. please read and help, last post!  (Read 485 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
listen i know ive posted this 8 million times but it is driving me absolutely insane.

march 1st and 2nd moved ex girlfreind out of our apartment into her new apartment very stressfull
the night of march 2nd , drank a ridiculous amount of hard liquor and beer, threw up, ate 1 thing the next day, and ate nothing the day of drinking
march 3rd had a dizzy spell that night when I got up to go to the bathroom
march 5th started prozac 10 mg and quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey!
march 5th - march 19th felt the same dizziness come and go it wasnt constant, it was almost constant.. i was able to go to work but would get a dizzy spell it always seems to be the same time in the afternoon.
march 12th went to my ent b/c i was concerned about a brain tumor, he did audio gram hearing test and checked my ears and said no brain tumor making you dizzy and not to worry.....
march 20th started the dose of 20 mg prozac per day/went to my doctor for checkup, told him i was thinking i had a brain tumor please look at my ocular nerves with a light and he said there gorgeous and its just anxiety
march 20th-24th felt absolutely horrendous dizziness was worse, didnt feel like myself, had crazy manic thoughts, drove to my mothers work told her im going insane, i told her i was on prozac for 3 weeks, she was kind of pissed because she hates certain medications, i was coming out of my skin, i couldnt sit still, i was very very stressful, panic attack felt like it was happening for 24 hours
march 24th that night i stopped the prozac cold turkey my doctor said i can.....
march 24th-today nausous, still dizzy, off balance, very nervous, ears are stuffed, random headpains come and go, sore throat, low grade fever, achey, stomach ache, head pressure, rash on neck, feel awful.

Please someone tell me this was anxiety with the dizzy spell and the prozac made it worse. If the dizzy spell started WHEN I started prozac I would be like OK its prozac! but because it didnt im going crazy. Im a 26 year old male my life has been horrific since I was 15 just dealing with daily generalized anxiety and worry. But never experienced dizzy spells like this.

:traurig001: :traurig001: :traurig001: :traurig001: :traurig001: :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline gatorfan04

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety for sure.  And it is possible Prozac is making it worse.  This doesn't sound like a brain tumor.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Wow with this mixture of ex moving out, quitting smoking , and starting and stopping a me,  no flipping wonder you are dizzy. Surprised you don't have move anxiety symptoms than this! This deffo sounds like anxiety and nothing like a brain tumor. You really need to relax and look at all the factors here.....
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
I just noticed I felt pretty good for about 15 minutes. I laid down for about a half hour, then got up to get a water bottle and there the off balance feeling is back! Way to go. I was starting to feel slightly better, and it just pops back up again. Now my ears are stuffed up, along with my nose and throat.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Benadryl

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hey Valley,
I don't think you have a brain tumor. I think life just handed you a sh!t sandwich and you're dealing with it. I think the dizziness will go away. My advice is be really good to yourself for a few days. Go for walks (if you aren't too dizzy), take nice long showers (always makes me feel good), lie in bed and listen to music, ride a bike,...anything that makes you feel good, do that and you will get out of this hole. Rent a bunch of movies...anything that soothes you, do that. And if you can, exercise. I know thats probably not good for the dizziness, but get you some endolphins, those will help. ;)

Give us an update whenever you're able.

B
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hope you find some relief.

With the events in your life and Prozac, it may well be a combo of it all.  All just within 3 weeks this month.

Dizzyness is so common with anxiety of the tension we hold in our necks and jaws and face that it upsets the inner ear balance.  Your ent has checked things out.   I did the ENT route also of dizzy.

Bookmark and Share
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.   
John 8:32

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
I just got 2 large white patches on my stomach of skin, totally different than my skin color and its been like that for 15 minutes at least. Maybe I have HIV or AIDS maybe that is what all of this is. I have no idea where 2 large like 5 inch white patch circles would form on my stomach . its not numb or anything, what in the world is going ON WITH ME.

Actually I think it is from a cream for a rash I get on my neck that i put on my stomach b/c i had what looked like heat rash, called Mometasone Furuote cream I think. And it turned my skin white on those spits. Supposed to help with itcheness and redness weird.

Are my symptoms from top of page maybe hiv or something if it isnt a brain tumor..

Would I have worse symptoms then just off balance feeling for 3 1/2 weeks if it was a brain tumor? Anyone with , uhh.. unfortunate experience? My half brother has a brain tumor he is 17 and has had it since he was 4. But he doesnt remember how he felt he said he had seizures and horrific headaches.

Should I finally chalk it all up to anxiety
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
so you are experiencing this anxiety because I have a feeling your stepbrother's condition set something off inside you. Could it be the fear of seeing what he went through that is bothering you? Could it be a cry for attention, be it good or bad, like as in you want approval or someone to take care of you? Could it be a form of obsessive compulsiveness? Could it be a form of the gratification of proving everyone else wrong and proving you are right in your own self diagnosis? All these things you could be doing on a subliminal level, not realizing what you are really doing to yourself. I think you would benefit from talking to a therapist. You need to learn coping techniques. Don't drink alcohol, that just intensifies anxiety. That weird feeling you got after the night of drinking... that's what happens when you don't eat and lose fluids from drinking... your sugar level probably was in the low 70s, that's why you felt that. The prozac was not agreeing with you. It intensified everything. You need to talk to a therapist or someone that can offer you help i think. How you feel now will eventually stop. No alcohol during this time period. Try to get some sunlight and just sit outside and get some fresh air. Go for a nice long walk.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alecia6

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
You do know that stopping smoking cold turkey can cause tons of dizziness and tons of anxiety, right?
I've had friends who stopped cold turkey who had these symptoms really bad, and friends who didn't even have anxiety and yet had similar symptoms.
I don't think most people realize how tough of a withdrawl it actually is.
Then you already had the stress with your ex..it definitely is enough to give you all of what you've been dealing with.
I can't say Prozac helped you a lot, but I can't say it didn't either. You started taking it right when your body started coming off of the ciggies.
Either way, it most likely wasn't the Prozac causing those symptoms. Though many of us don't do well on one med, but better on another.
I hope you are feeling a bit better lately. I know our brains give us a lot of worries when we're anxious but I would say none of what you described has to do with a brain tumor.
As for the white patches..it could be as simple as a common virus and easy to take care of with meds. It might even be from the anxiety and stress. Because I have had loads of rashes and skin abnormalities that were always a reaction from so much anxiety.
Every time I thought it was the worst too, and every time, it wasn't.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
Alecia I found out the white patches were from me putting this cream on a slight rash that appeared in both spots and the cream turned my skin white. It must have like peroxide in it or something. Its called Mometasone Furuoate Cream. Stupid me. It was gone the next morning. I just wish all of this started when I had quit smoking or started prozac so I knew the nature of it for a fact. Instead I have to put it down to anxiety from stress and alcohol, then cigs and perhaps prozac enhancing it all since that is a lot of chemicals coming and going in one shot. I somehow have to agree with my ENT and doctor that nothing neurologically (Btumor or MS) is going on, have to get that through my dam head. I cant keep  laying around either, i dwell on it.. then I get up and walk around and notice I feel "off" and it just makes the cycle continue. but its raining here today, nothing for me to do.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: im telling you this is a brain tumor.. please read and help, last post!
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 11:29:16 PM »
Hope you're doing better - just wanted to say I can relate to feeling "off" while walking.  Had that for a while, thought it was a brain tumor.  Well, I don't know what it was, but I'm wagering anxiety or pinched nerve.  I saw a neurologist, who said I was too young for a brain tumor, and though he agreed that my left side is a bit weaker than my right, it's within normal ranges and I seemed basically fine, and what was I doing about the fact that I was 29 and sure I had a brain tumor? 

Good job quitting smoking - I've known people who have done it and it's hard but SO worth it! 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: