Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: completely PANICKED!!! HELP  (Read 388 times)

Offline funnybunny

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
completely PANICKED!!! HELP
« on: March 26, 2014, 06:59:58 PM »
So, to begin: I am almost 25, healthy, I run on occasion, resting heart rate is around 60. No health problems. I take vitamins daily and I eat alright although my diet hasn't been the best for the past two weeks (been out of town and running around). No family history of blood clots or high blood pressure unless they were very overweight.

I have started taking oral birth control (Zovia 1-35E) and I've just started my second month of it. I have been having light, uncomfortable sensations in my chest area very rarely for the past few days. (I wasn't taking the birth control pill on these days, it was my placebo week) I have a history of acid reflux but for some reason, these pains are a little different so now I'm convinced I have a blood clot in my lungs, never mind that I've been seeing a chiropractor for back/shoulder pain so that's all probably tense and radiating around my chest. I am not sure if this is a psychosomatic issue, either - like, I felt the pain a few times and maybe now I keep thinking I'm feeling it when I'm not. I am breathing normally and there is no pain associated with breathing. I just will get a weird twinge and then it's gone.

Anyway, today at work I had the bright idea to take my blood pressure to see if it was normal. I took it standing up after lunch and after sweeping the front office. I also have been feeling a little bit panicked today. Anyway, my BP was 135/90 with a pulse of 90. I freaked out and took it again (sitting down) and it went to 124/94 with a pulse of 92. So now I'm TERRIFIED. I feel awful if I'm moving around and all I can think about is that I can feel my heart beating and it must mean that I have SOMETHING WRONG. I am having a complete panic attack and I don't know what to do.

Anyone ever feel like this or have any reassurance?  :traurig001: :traurig001: :traurig001: I am a complete wreck. I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for next week but I have a therapy appointment scheduled for Friday because this is insane.... :sprachlos020: :sick0002:
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
Re: completely PANICKED!!! HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 07:26:54 PM »
A blood clot in the lung would DEFINITELY present with shortness of breath (which you will now get because I put the idea in your head!) but you didn't have any shortness of breath.  And if my blood pressure was as good as yours I'd jump for joy!
Bookmark and Share

Offline funnybunny

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 07:36:15 PM »
I don't know what shortness of breath really even means - I don't *think* I have it simply because it isn't hard for me to breathe UNLESS I think about it. I've been coughing today but I think it's because I keep thinking "oh, you probably have a clot" so then, I cough. I also thought maybe I accidentally inhaled a flake of a saltine while eating them last week and now I've got pieces of cracker in my lungs -_- Is that unlikely? I don't know. ANXIETY IS RIDICULOUS. I'm laying in bed with my dogs feeling my heart pound and I'm scared my BP is still high!

My coworker is good at talking me down and told me she'd love her BP to be what mine is right now. Sometimes she takes mine at work if I'm wanting to know what it is and it is usually 110/65 with a pulse of 70 if I've been lazy. The only time my BP has ever been over that was when I was having a panic attack at the doctor's office.  :traurig001: That's why it scared me. I just felt cold and then for the rest of the day my chest hurt and my back hurt and my BP was high...sigh.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 08:01:23 PM »
If you had a blood clot, you would know.  I promise.  You would have a terrible pain in your leg (where they usually originate) and you can't catch your breath.  There is no doubt about it.  Really no doubt.

I *always* worried about them when I was on birth control too but the Dr calmed me down.  As a side note, it's probably related to the anxiety but birth control can raise your blood pressure.  I can't take them anymore for that reason.
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 08:15:44 PM »
Hey, my blood pressure usually goes to about 195/105 with a panic attack, so you are good  :goofy:
You'd KNOW if you had a blood clot in the lung!  My grandfather had that and he KNEW it was an emergency situation.  You don't have to guess!
As far as a cracker being in your lung, you would cough your brains out until it was expelled.   Have you ever had water go down "the wrong pipe" and you cough so much you almost puke?   It would be worse than that.  No crackers in your lung, no blood clot. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline funnybunny

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 09:08:15 PM »
I just got REALLY stressed out and my chest started to hurt. Not stabbing, but just hurting. Maybe it is all just anxiety. It's all kinds of different discomfort at once. My blood pressure feels high again.

Also, do people get visual issues with anxiety like fogginess and floaters? And do they feel foggy when nervous? When I bent over and popped back up for a second earlier (feeding the dogs) I felt like my pulse was in my eyes. That probably doesn't make sense... :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 09:31:27 PM »
All very common symptoms of anxiety and feeling panicky.

I encourage you to take a look at the post titled "This List Saved My Life" that is near the top of the board. It is one of the posts with the pinkish tint.

It's a vicious cycle, but it's possible to overcome it.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline funnybunny

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 09:55:36 PM »
I never have understood why chest pain was something that occurred SO OFTEN while I was anxious. Stabbing, heaviness, achiness, whatever - it just happens. It doesn't mean I'm at risk of having heart problems or something, does it? There are murmurs in my family history (dad and brother) but other than that, everyone is healthy - except for my dad's father, who died at 40 of a massive heart attack, but he led a very unhealthy lifestyle. I don't know why heart problems are my "thing" right now. A few weeks ago it was N. Fowleri. Oh, and CSF leaks. I really can't wait to see a therapist Friday.  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 11:41:35 PM »
It doesn't indicate that you're at risk at all. It indicates that your body is reacting typically to being overloaded with stress hormones!
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline confunded

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 05:28:06 PM »
Interestingly, after my second month on Seasonale birth control I started having chest pains and shortness of breath. So much so my mother noticed without me saying anything!  I went to emerge, they did an xray and bloodwork and it turned out to be anxiety. I'm 27! Lol

Our minds are powerful. Birth control can make anxiety worse too! If the pain gets worse and you can't breathe call the doctor for sure. But for now try and rest and distract yourself :)

Ps. Even me thinking about being short of breath is makin me feel that way! I'm weird. Lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline funnybunny

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 08:31:20 PM »
I can breathe fine today still. I still get twinges - just got a few a couple of minutes ago. I just ate. It was stabby and weird and I hate it. Not sure what's causing them. I thought I was relaxed too, I was trying to watch a movie! My BP today was 132/83 with a pulse of 90 so I'm probably still pretty anxious.

I had taken Seasonale and it wrecked me anxiety wise. I have taken this particular birth control before in the past but I didn't feel like this. It was quite a few years ago...I don't know, maybe my body doesn't like it now?
Bookmark and Share

Offline funnybunny

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 04:50:25 PM »
UGH! More chest pain today. I woke up and I was fine, drank some coffee, sat around. Then I went to my therapist appointment and I'm sitting in the chair feeling SO bad. Now I'm home and I keep having twinges but it's almost gone again. I don't know what to think! I'm scared I'm going to drop dead of a heart attack!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 05:12:31 PM »
If you had a blood clot I assure you that you'd be in dire medical distress right now. As for the blood pressure, yes that is a little high, but only marginally, and remember that anxiety can play into it. My blood pressure has been 140/100+ for months now when it's taken, but that's in an anxious state. When I'm not anxious and it's taken, it goes back down to 130/70.

I get the fluttery feeling in my chest too, but I can assure you that is perfectly normal. Just bring up how you've been feeling with your doctor after you make an appointment, and go from there.

Also coffee is a major stimulator of acid reflux. I went to the hospital 30 times in a row convinced I had a heart condition to the point where they had admitted me, only to find that it was indeed acid reflux. my acid reflux gives me pains on the left side of my chest.

As long as you're not sweating bullets, the pain isn't severe or going into your arm, and you're not short of breath, I'm sure you will be fine. However bring this up at the next doctors appointment and see if there is a way you can better manage your acid reflux. Bring up a drug I take called Rabeprazole. It limits the production of stomach acid, and you can still take tums while on it. 
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline funnybunny

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 06:47:32 PM »
Thanks pandaninja. I took acid reflux meds and the pain is still hanging out but it comes and goes. It's located toward my shoulder but moves to the middle of my chest, a bit off center. I'm laying in bed trying to relax. It's a vicious cycle. I just want to feel normal again and not scared!
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 10:56:48 PM »
I know those fears bro. ;)
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Tags: