Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Bladder issues  (Read 110 times)

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bladder issues
« on: March 26, 2014, 06:21:53 PM »
Ladies can anyone help me or share their story...

I've got two children. Had weak pelvic floor after my first baby 5 years ago. Since my last pregnancy(my baby a year this week), I noticed that when I pee and stand up to pull my underwear up, I leak a little urine. I have other symptoms like pressure feeling when on my feet and leakin when coughing, bending etc.

I went to my gp last week and she said I have a bladder prolapse and the rectum prolapse although she said both are mild.

No all this being said I am worried sick. I am worried I have some sort of pelvic or ovarian cancer etc causing this, more so what appears to be me retaining a bit of urine.  I also have soft stools more often than not. Not diareah just soft and not always formed. My gp says the two are not related. I only go once per day but when I do it's soft.

I am seeing the gyno physio tomorrow. I've had my ovaries scanned about 15 months ago.

Anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline anagargano

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bladder issues
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 06:32:52 PM »
I would trust your GP ..this quite common after child birth....which can cause huge problems to many women obviously your is mild you doctor says , but many women have to have surgery to fix the problem ...I wouldnt worry too much its not dangerous just uncomfortable and annoying
Bookmark and Share

Offline hamsterswheel

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 06:50:19 PM »
I also meant to add that after I had my second baby I ended up having forceps and then a third degree tear. I am also quite overweight.

It's more that It seems to be common for ladies to have urge or stress incontinence Or mix of both but not so much the retention part. Which is scaring me.

Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 08:04:05 PM »
I have the same thing.  I had a fourth degree tear with my daughter nearly 15 years ago.  I've learned to live with it because the thought of surgery terrifies me LOL

I am positive your issue is also related to that.  Kids are worth it but I would love to not have to run to the bathroom or to be able to sneeze or cough without fear of wetting my pants.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hamsterswheel

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 08:11:20 PM »
Soaring..

Thanks. Do you get the dribble after you per? Like your bladder not fully emptied?
Bookmark and Share

Offline potternut

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 08:17:35 PM »
Hi Hamster,

When I had my first child 16 years ago, he literally came shooting out like a rocket...all 10+ pounds of him...and tore me to shreds.  As a result, I have had stress incontinence where I leak (sometimes substantially) when I sneeze, cough or jump.  I have never connected my incontinence with any dire illness or disease because this one is totally clear.  I saw a urologist a few years back and he asked about when this all started and I gave him my son's birthday!  No mystery there!

As for treatment, I was going to have the mesh surgery and my mom (a nurse) talked me out of it...good thing, too, since there have been many serious side effects of that surgery.  So I try to manage it in a number of ways.  First of all, I lost weight.  Extra weight definitely makes stress incontinence worse.  Second, I always wear an incontinence pad whenever I walk the dog, play tennis...anything strenuous.  These are not the period pads..they are specially made for this.  Another thing that was recommended to me by a gynecologist is to wear a tampon AND a pad when doing anything physically active.  He said the tampon kind of helps things stay where they are supposed to be.  Finally, I try to keep things in perspective...I've got 2 wonderfully kind, generous kids...so what if I leak a bit now and again?   I've learned how to manage it pretty well.

As for the retaining urine...my dad had this a few years ago and you would know by now if it was something serious.  In addition to retaining urine, he was in agonizing pain.  He spent one night in the hospital (no surgery) and after some heavy duty antibiotics he was a new man...actually better now than before. 

You have nothing to worry about...enjoy those beautiful babies!!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 08:43:51 PM »
Soaring..

Thanks. Do you get the dribble after you per? Like your bladder not fully emptied?

Sometimes.  It seems like when my bladder is more "irritable" it happens.  When I stay well hydrated and only drink water the issue isn't as bad. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: