Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: something really isnt right here  (Read 282 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
something really isnt right here
« on: March 25, 2014, 08:38:21 PM »
i am hoping the prozac has made my anxiety worse for these first 3 weeks and that is what the dizzy feeling, tought concentration, intensified anxiety, racing heart, insomnia, lack of appetite and just an over all nervous and very wierd feeling to my body i had a panic attack today as well. i was on prozac 10 mg for 2 1/2 weeks and 20 mg for 5 days... tonight is my first night not taking it, talked to my doctor he said i can stop... im not waiting these side effects out if its even from them its not worth the horrendous feeling i will drive me absolutely NUTTS..

i am so nervous because I got a dizzy spell 2 days before I started the dam prozac and since then the dizzy and wierdness feeling has been here... i feel like my coordination is off or my balance is off...

i have had high anxiety for weeks or months very bad and quitting smoking... but im seriously starting to panic now thinking just b/c my dizziness started 2 days before this prozac that it is something else causing this and not the prozac, like a brain tumor

my ent checked ears and said no tumor wihch kind of felt like it made no sense,  and my regular doctor looked at my optical nerves with a light and said they were fine no tumor but again something still isnt right... i cant even fobus on something, i feel like a panic attack waiting to happen and my vision is definiitly tight.. i wish i can explain how it felt with the head pressure but its like in my eyes and my head and everything is just off
Bookmark and Share

Offline anagargano

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: something really isnt right here
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 09:08:06 PM »
it does sound like anxiety and drug side effects mixing and causing your anxiety to overload ..im surprised you were allowed to just stop the meds ....but I get dizzy wierd feelings all the time and I think its anxiety
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 09:19:38 AM »
With my luck it will be some illness with IRONIC timing. I surely hope prozac has just worsened my anxiety. I wonder how long it will take to get out of my system considering ive read prozac stays in your body the longest.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gatorfan04

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 11:16:34 PM »
I was put on Prozac at one point when I was younger and it helped my depression.  But when I got older and was put back on it for anxiety I took myself off because I felt like it made me worse too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 08:39:51 AM »
I went through alot of stress the last weeks/months but the thing that I CAN NOT get out of my head is that I GOT DIZZY two days prior to even starting this dam xanax. I want to blame it on stress and too much alcohol but another part of me is telling me its a dam brain tumor. How would my ENT and doctor know just from a hearing test and looking at my ocular nerves in my eyes that a brain tumor isnt causing this pathetic dizziness that just wont leave. I stopped the prozac monday night, why am I not feeling better yet. The first thing I do in the mornings is sit up and look around to see if I feel dizzy its like im waiting for it. And its not like everything is spinning it is just a wierd off balance unsteady feeling. I have no other crazy symptoms. Brain tumor wont leave my mind.
Bookmark and Share

Offline realityiscliche

• Rec's: 5
  • Here to help.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 11:55:25 AM »
Hi Valley!  :action-smiley-065:
You know you've been worried about a brain tumor for a long time - and that should be settling! IF your symptoms were caused by something sinister, it definitely would have presented itself crystal clear to the doctors by now. You have to trust your doctors, not your thoughts, at this point. Our instincts that something is as "wrong" are warped with anxiety. We get false impressions that we have serious issues and diseases.. but that's nothing that you don't already know. Any meds take a long time to get out of your system, they also take a long time to show positive effects. For example - when woman take birth control the doctors say despite negative side effects, you should keep taking it. The side effects usually dissipate with time once your body fully accepts the meds. Focus on your anxiety. Get proactive about it. It's so hard to look it right in the eyes but that's ultimately what we have to be brave enough to do. Accept it for what it is to begin feeling better about it. I hope you find serenity in the future. You deserve it! Don't let your thoughts and fears consume you.
Bookmark and Share
"Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet, I have just one day - today, and I'm going to be happy in it." -Groucho Marx

Tags: