Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Personality?  (Read 163 times)

Offline Curiouslywondering

• Rec's: 1
  • We dance in the rain..I love that you're crazy too
    • Poke This Member
Personality?
« on: March 25, 2014, 07:45:04 PM »
Just a random thought, do people with anxiety disorders share any like personality traits?, I am seriously wondering about this, I mean like are there any real hallmark personality quirks that we may all share? For instance I'm very neurotic and can come off as arrogant or perfectionist, to which I am neither. Anyways just a question??
Bookmark and Share
Live life way above the stars because you can't get much closer to God than where you are...

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Personality?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 06:55:46 AM »
The main thing I noticed about anxiety sufferers is that they are all talented. Loads are into art. Writing. Lots of them are into graphic design work and web site building. I think they might look for things they can still do with their anxiety. Because of this we seem to have a very talented bunch of people here on the site. All intelligent individuals. That is the main thing I have noticed.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Curiouslywondering

• Rec's: 1
  • We dance in the rain..I love that you're crazy too
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 09:40:54 AM »
Absolutely I can see how this is, people with anxiety have so much nervous energy and that can be a catapult to creative ideas. The intelligence of us sufferers is undeniable and I honestly very believe this is the reason for our anxieties, maybe we see into things that others don't notice..Anyways thanks for the reply :-)
Bookmark and Share
Live life way above the stars because you can't get much closer to God than where you are...

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 01:06:41 PM »
Great observations to you both!  I took Fine Arts in college, and seem to have a keen eye for anything creative.  Have also written several poems, as well as essays, writing comes naturally to me.  I agree that people who tend to be anxious are more insightful, inquisitive, knowledgeable, and very aware of the good and bad aspects of life----and I suppose being that way can sort of be a curse because knowing all the twists and turns life may take could cause one to be more anxious.  As they say, 'ignorance is bliss!'.  Kind of makes me think, do you think that people who don't suffer anxiety are dumb as boxes of rocks?  Just kidding :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 02:52:47 PM »
With me I had time on my hands. Housebound for years. So I taught myself how to build web sites. Just to pass the hours away. I also got into wood burning. Burning images onto wood. I was just looking for things to do. Taught myself gardening. Once I got back outside the house I used the gardening to earn. I am a book worm. I love to read. Love to learn. But as an agoraphobic I was looking for things I didn't need other people to help me with. Learned more during my time indoors than I ever learned in school. Can't speak for all anxiety sufferers. Only for myself. I was always just a curious person. Always wanting to know how things worked. So began a dab hand at DIY as well. I think I used to break things just so I could fix them again.  :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: