Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Annoyed at myself - pimple? Blackhead? Ingrown hair? Cancer?  (Read 276 times)

Offline Jonesle

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Annoyed at myself - pimple? Blackhead? Ingrown hair? Cancer?
« on: March 25, 2014, 02:30:16 PM »
I'm so annoyed right now
About a month ago I noticed a mark on my stomach, like a raised bit of skin I guess. I was so cheesed off as I'd just been to a dermatologist for a mole check as I was freaked out by cancer, we'll of course it wasn't there then was it!!!
Anyway I just hacked it off with my nail, it bled. It scabbed over but the scab took ages to come off, like 2 weeks later. So guess what? I picked it off. Still red and raw underneath. Like a pimple you've prematurely hacked off. Left it alone for 2 weeks and it went blackish. I just hacked at it again and it bled and now I'm so annoyed. I'm so scared I should have left it alone in case it was cancerous and I just picked off the evidence. Anyone had anything like this? My dr is going to start charging me rent if I go back a third time in one month lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jonesle

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Annoyed at myself - pimple? Blackhead? Ingrown hair? Cancer?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 05:34:18 PM »
Anyone? Please? If it sounds silly and pathetic to you please say so, it's been driving me mad this evening :( thanks in advance for any replies x
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 06:06:44 PM »
If you keep picking at it it will STAY there.  I was picking at a scab on the back of my hairline for over a year already.    It was THERE that long.  Finally I figured I better STOP it already and see if it heals!  (it did, just a tiny bump, probably scar tissue by now!)  You didn't pick off any evidence.  If it were cancer a doctor could tell, scabbed over or not.  What I suggest is just leave it alone - don't pick it, don't touch it - you'll see it start to heal and you'll stop worrying.
(you may have picked off a skin tag, then it bled and scabbed over and you picked at it again)
Bookmark and Share

Offline MrMoleHill

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • I look, therefore I find.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 10:52:26 AM »
I've definitely struggled with dermatillomania, for many years.  Although, in recent years, it is well managed compared to the past. However, I recently had what I thought was a pimple on my neck and I hacked it off, as you say. Now it's healed and seems to have become a hypertrophic scar. But, in actuality, I really wonder if it's an early basal cell cancer, or if that's what it was to begin with. Just something more for the dermatologist to look at. Ugh.
Bookmark and Share
We are all walking through the Valley of the Shadow of Death

Offline Jonesle

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 02:24:31 PM »
Great eh? I worry so much :( I know if I keep picking at it it will stay and scar but what if it is something worse and it gets overlooked. It looks so red and horrid now. Still trying to leave it alone but it's hard :( and in the uk I gave to get a referral which takes ages :( why me?
Bookmark and Share

Offline MrMoleHill

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • I look, therefore I find.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 03:11:52 PM »
Well, Jonesle, in the US, you can pay high premiums out of your paycheck, and then pay again when you go to the doctor, and then receive an additional bill in the mail, after you've been to the doctor. Healthcare is a joke here, too.  You have to either be rich or poor. The rich can afford their healthcare, and the poor don't have to pay anything.  In fact, you can come here, unauthorized, not work, and demand free healthcare benefits. 
Bookmark and Share
We are all walking through the Valley of the Shadow of Death

Offline Jonesle

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 03:19:34 AM »
Seems neither system makes people happy huh? So frustrating especially for health anxiety sufferers! X
Bookmark and Share

Tags: