Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Yes I have GAD!!!  (Read 94 times)

Offline Katiesue04

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • You only live once!
    • Poke This Member
Yes I have GAD!!!
« on: March 25, 2014, 01:59:42 PM »
This is a bit of a funny story but I can definitely say I have GAD!  On Saturday I got a slip in the mail from the post office saying I owed 1.34 on postage.  So of course it's Saturday and I can't go to the post office to get it until Monday.  The whole day Sunday I was wondering what could it be...maybe it was a magazine or maybe I had to pay for some flooring samples that I requested that never came.  So I get down to the post office Monday night after work.  Thinking that whatever it was it was my fault for not having the correct postage on it...well guess what it was from Aunt!!!!  She wanted to wish me a fun time on my vacation and sent me a little packing list and a reusable bag!  She didn't put enough postage on her package so I ended up paying for it.  Wasn't really worth paying 1.34 for but it's the thought that counts lol!  So yes I have GAD and yes I am a bit mad for myself for worrying about 1.34 so much when it was something that wasn't a big deal and in the end my Aunt was just trying to be thoughtful!
Bookmark and Share

Offline geneparmesan07

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Yes I have GAD!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 02:51:57 PM »
It feels better when you get to type it out, doesn't it? 

:action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 21
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 03:05:10 PM »
Hi Katie...

I wanted to thank-you for sharing your story about the $1.34 postage due on your Aunt's gift to you.  It touched my heart, and made me laugh a bit.

Like you. I also have GAD.  I have experience some panic attacks in the past, I have a little OCD, and when things get out-of-hand for to long, you can throw-in a bit of depression.  I kid you not, that I was thinking about my little touch of OCD about 5 minutes before I read your post.  I know what the definition of insanity is; doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results.  So if I am going to continue to get better, I need to change some things, and your story is a good reminder for me to do just that.

Thanks again for your post.  The very best to you, Katie!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Katiesue04

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • You only live once!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 06:43:09 PM »
Yes this story comes quite in handy as I am starting Therapy tomorrow :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: