Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Back after a long time away  (Read 107 times)

Offline panik

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Back after a long time away
« on: March 25, 2014, 11:31:08 AM »
Hello everyone. I have not been here for quite sometime. I have been doing very well and have had a setback. I am 5'2" and I weigh 145. This is the heaviest j have been and have weighed this for quite a few years. A lot of my weight is in my stomach. And I've been like this for a while. But recently while having lunch with a friend we were talking about our weight and stomachs. She said that she never even knew my stomach was big because I wear big shirts. Then she tells me that she knew a lady with a big stomach that had stomach cancer and died!!! I've tried not to let it bother me but of course I now have a GI appt on April 10th and I'm worrying all the time!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Back after a long time away
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 12:47:15 PM »
What a thoughtless , insensitive remark!  Not to mention, a totally ignorant remark!!  >:(

You would have symptoms before you had such a huge tumor in your stomach that could be seen like that!  AND the rest of you would be really SKINNY!  It would be ROCK hard.   You don't have stomach cancer!  You are wasting your time and money going to a GI doctor.  A low fat diet and exercise will trim that down.  Wow, you would not believe how angry I am at your "friend" (and I use that term loosely!!!) right now! 

Bookmark and Share

Offline cravenmobile

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 02:31:26 PM »
Sunlover, I'm with you on the fact that some people don't filter their thoughts before they say them, but I doubt she meant much harm.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 04:59:16 PM »
Sunlover, I'm with you on the fact that some people don't filter their thoughts before they say them, but I doubt she meant much harm.

After thinking about it, you probably are right.  That person probably has NO health anxiety and thought she was being helpful or something.
Bookmark and Share

Offline halesy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 06:36:40 PM »
Wow this post has got me a bit scared :( I've been overweight my whole life but lately i've noticed that i carry most of my weight around my belly and it sticks out quite a bit.... my doctor has never said anything and all my bloodwork was normal so it musn't be anything. But I can't believe your friend said that, how horrifying  :dazed:
Bookmark and Share
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tags: