Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I just have a few questions, help please?  (Read 141 times)

Offline Optiqs

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I just have a few questions, help please?
« on: March 24, 2014, 10:33:46 PM »
So back in November, I was at work when I had a bit of shortness of breath, so I went to urgent care where they ran a chest xray, some blood enzyme tests, and did an EKG and I was told that everything looked good and that I was just panicky and was told I possibly have Generalized Anxiety Disorder and was sent home. I was put on Atenolol as a beta blocker to help with my heart rate and stuff, and that was that. Well about a week later, I was at work again when I couldn't catch my breath, and this time I went to the ER. I was admitted and checked for blood clots, had chest xrays done, an echocardiogram, multiple EKGs, and a stress test and all was normal and I was told I have a strong heart and lungs. The cardiologist told me that it is anxiety just like the urgent care people did. It makes sense that I'm anxious/stressed as a 21 year old full time student working a full time job and dealing with the everyday lifestyle, but what I don't get is why sometimes it's constant. Some weeks I won't have any issues at all, but other weeks I almost cannot catch my breath at all, and I begin to almost hyperventilate because I feel like I'm gasping for air - even when I don't feel panicky or in a situation that would cause me to be stressed or anxious. I just worry there is something else going on and that doctors haven't found it or something. Is there anything else that it could be? Can anxiety cause me to feel breathless all day for weeks at a time?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I just have a few questions, help please?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 11:35:21 PM »
We can actually hyperventalate without knowing it.  While sitting at your deck you could take several shallow breaths and it raises the oxygen in your blood and lowers your Co2.  Your body needs that balanced so it gives you a warning sign (the shortness of breath feeling).  Wiki Hyperventilation syndrome and see if it describes your problem. 
Bookmark and Share