Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New and Kinda Scared, but hi!  (Read 138 times)

Offline Optiqs

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New and Kinda Scared, but hi!
« on: March 24, 2014, 10:26:19 PM »
So, hello there! I am new here, and I guess I should share my story?

So back in November, I was at work when I had a bit of shortness of breath, so I went to urgent care where they ran a chest xray, some blood enzyme tests, and did an EKG and I was told that everything looked good and that I was just panicky and was told I possibly have Generalized Anxiety Disorder and was sent home. I was put on Atenolol as a beta blocker to help with my heart rate and stuff, and that was that. Well about a week later, I was at work again when I couldn't catch my breath, and this time I went to the ER. I was admitted and checked for blood clots, had chest xrays done, an echocardiogram, multiple EKGs, and a stress test and all was normal and I was told I have a strong heart and lungs. The cardiologist told me that it is anxiety just like the urgent care people did. It makes sense that I'm anxious/stressed as a 21 year old full time student working a full time job and dealing with the everyday lifestyle, but what I don't get is why sometimes it's constant. Some weeks I won't have any issues at all, but other weeks I almost cannot catch my breath at all, and I begin to almost hyperventilate because I feel like I'm gasping for air - even when I don't feel panicky or in a situation that would cause me to be stressed or anxious. I just worry there is something else going on and that doctors haven't found it or something, so I'm pretty constantly worrying. The worst is when I see an adult that is happy or a family that is happy together, and I freak myself out cause I am convinced I won't make it to an age where I can do that. It's tough to live this way, especially at 21, and I really don't know why I'm like this or what it stems from, but I guess I just came here for support from those that understand because my family sure as hell doesn't, and they think it's all made up, so here I am! Thank you, and I look forward to my time here. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: New and Kinda Scared, but hi!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 06:26:58 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.

Possibly 10 posts to enter chat at the moment.

Room is currently down. Please sign up for anxiety zone wire ( link in top right hand corner ) for chat purposes.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Becky1995

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New and Kinda Scared, but hi!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 05:53:18 PM »
Welcome! (: I totally understand where you said one week you're feeling fine and the other you're having shortness of breath. I made a topic and in it I explained how my anxiety seems to come and go in cycles. I feel like there is constantly something wrong with me and I obsess over every little pain or mark on my body. I'll feel like I'm going to die. I'll feel like something is choking me or stabbing my chest and the pain will wake me up in the middle of the night. I also have the fear of passing out in a public place because of anxiety. There's nothing wrong with you and the more you're on this site the more you will know that you are not alone. Next time you feel shortness of breath try taking a really deep breath and then holding it in for a few seconds then letting it out slowly, repeat it a few times. I hope this helped a little!  :action-smiley-065: 
Bookmark and Share