Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Does anybodies Hypochondria come and go?  (Read 319 times)

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Does anybodies Hypochondria come and go?
« on: March 24, 2014, 09:01:52 PM »
Hey so I was wondering this has been happening with me most of my life.  I'll get real bad Hypochondria for about 6 to 10 months and it calms down a lot not necessarily all the way, but I just don't give a crap about it.  Then you get sick or something happens that spikes it up again?  It's really quite annoying and it's gotten to the point that I think I'm Bipolar.
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does anybodies Hypochondria come and go?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 09:45:54 PM »
Definitely not bipolar.  I think it's that way for most of us.  Some times are fine, others, it sneaks up and socks you in the gut
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 07:13:00 PM »
for me at least yes, there are time's where I have a week or two of calm than something sets me off
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline angrry

• Rec's: 6
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 07:34:05 PM »
mine comes and goes too...it will go away for a couple of weeks to several months...but it always comes back and when it does it stays for quite a while
Bookmark and Share

Offline raidero

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 02:15:24 AM »
I know what you mean, mine comes and goes also and now it's back. I am going thru menopause, in december I had an ovary removed and i was feeling so much better and latelyi started feeling some pain and discomfort, bloating. I saw my doctor he ran bloodwk and I have some anemia and since I am not menstruating since december doctor wants me to get colonosopy. Well here comes health anxiety and I have been a mess since friday. As it is I am hormonally unbalanced because of menopause and now the anxiety of the what ifs and having colonoscopy. I am having a very difficult time and its affecting my daily life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 05:18:15 AM »
It comes and goes with me too.   It all depends what I have going on in my life.  Like when I first started  a new job I was good for about 2 years!   If I'd get a little symptom I'd just let it roll off my back and it would go away.   But then when things get routine and my life gets boring (since last July) it's just one thing after another!  Sometimes I get a day or 2 of "remission", but sometimes things just overlap!  It can really get you down when it is so relentless.
Bookmark and Share

Offline perc19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 08:39:02 AM »
I think that my anxiety goes up and down too, sometimes I feel absolutely fine and think 'yes' it's gone and then something will happen, like this morning a weird circle in my vision which has set me off.

I do believe I am worse if I am tired as well - seems to affect me more and I seem more on edge if I'm tired - wonder if this is when the symptoms are more obvious too - really sucks!!

Bookmark and Share

Offline raidero

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 12:43:44 AM »
I kmow exactly what you mean. Like you, I go thru periods of less anxiety and then something triggers it and it's usually health related but also I  sure that most of the time of more anxiety, l am tired and running on low energy. I just need to find a something that wil help me. Like yoga, meditation or exercise but I have to stick to it and that is my downfall/weakness. I am no good at being consistent with exercise.
Bookmark and Share

Offline craftymom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 06:45:21 AM »
Mine gets worse closer to Dr.'s appointments.  But other than that it only takes one little thing wrong with me or hearing about another person's illness that sets me off.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mom21

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 07:46:39 AM »
This is exactly what happens to me. It goes in spurts. I'll be fine for awhile then it will start back up. Mine usually starts after I start realizing I'm feeling good. Almost like I have to be worrying about my health or something's wrong. Summers are worse because I'm a teacher and have too much thinking time to dwell on everything that could be wrong.
Bookmark and Share

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 08:57:28 AM »
Thank you for all of the replies everybody.  This is a very real worry for me, I went to my Psychologist yesterday and she reassured me I am not Bipolar and I told her all of my worries.  She gave me a list of things to do when I start worrying and they have helped already.  I just find I'm like Anxious when I sleep, it's very weird I can sleep but right when I wake up something doesn't feel right.
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 09:11:57 AM »
That's because you are SO focused on yourself during the day that your subconscious is still making you feel that way.   Think of a dream.  Suppose something is bothering you during the day, you may DREAM about it at night.  Your mind doesn't stop thinking just because you go to sleep.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: