Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Stuttering/Misplacing Words with GAD?  (Read 121 times)

Offline LaRielera

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Stuttering/Misplacing Words with GAD?
« on: March 24, 2014, 08:24:02 PM »
I am wondering if anyone else has trouble with their speaking due to Gad?

A lot of times I will trip or choke on a word--not quite a classic stutter where I repeat a certain sound. One sound just comes out wrong, or I use the wrong word or phrase, or I have to pause in an odd spot to think about what I'm saying. I might tell my kids "Put that out of your hands" instead of "Put that down." This especially happens when I am caught off guard by someone speaking to me. Sometimes I also feel like my thoughts are rearranged in the same way.

Asking because I am trying to sort out whether this is a GAD symptom or a silent migraine symptom.  ::)
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stuttering/Misplacing Words with GAD?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 07:00:01 AM »
I did stutter like a mad thing for a good while when out. The trick? To slow yourself down. Take a deep breath. Take a step backwards and start over again. Doing things at your pace. Even if that is slow. Who cares. Just make sure you are in full control. Once I slowed myself down the stuttering vanished. I think we can try and get our words out far too quickly at times. We trip over them. Just relax yourself. Remember, do things are your pace. Never let anybody rush you along.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline EsotericNonsense

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 03:02:08 PM »
I'm not a doctor but I've had migraines before and I can tell you this. If you had migraines you would know. There is nothing subtle or silent about them.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LaRielera

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 06:33:01 PM »
I'm not a doctor but I've had migraines before and I can tell you this. If you had migraines you would know. There is nothing subtle or silent about them.

It is possible--just very rare. The Dr. explained it to me that the blood vessels constrict, so you get the neurological aura symptoms, but then they don't dialate enough to cause the typical pain.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: