Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: This can't be real .....  (Read 179 times)

Offline crosbie87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
This can't be real .....
« on: March 24, 2014, 03:45:52 PM »
I have been posting on here pretty actively for the past few weeks regarding 2 things ..... on/off nausea and on/off chest discomfort. Having gone through about 10 different physical symptoms in the last 2 years, I am pretty strong at convincing myself that it's all anxiety related (well not all the time)... Anyways ... I have had nausea on/off for the past month or so .. mainly very mild and I never had the want to vomit .... what is interesting however is that it goes away at night when i get ready for bed. It's also gone during the night and also when i wake up in the morning. Once I start getting ready for work, it starts up. Recently, I started having chest discomfort, again VERY mild but enough for me to know it's there. NOW here is the odd part .... and I swear I am being honest here .... my symptoms actually switch from one to the other in a matter of minutes BUT I never had nausea and chest pain at the same time ????? Does that make any sense ??? Is this proof that my mind is playing tricks on me ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline hypochondrius

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: This can't be real .....
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 03:51:18 PM »
I vomited earlier today just from thinking about the possibility of having colon cancer. I've had this before too - waking up and feeling normal and then throughout the day getting all my symptoms, which I have a lot of.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 03:55:48 PM »
Yes but have you ever had symptom take turns several times a day, basically switching from one to the other but never having more than one at the same time ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline hypochondrius

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 04:08:28 PM »
When I'm worried about brain tumor, my left side goes numb and I get a headache, slur speech etc

When I'm worried about lung cancer/emphysema (I smoke mj and cigs) I get shortness of breath and cough

When I'm worried about stomach cancer I have acid reflux/heartburn

When I'm worried about bowel cancer there is a rumbling/gurgling and the sensation of having a softball wedged in my gut, have loose stools

the list goes on..and these can fluctuate a lot through the day. I'm still convinced I have something though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 07:09:36 PM »
Yes but have you ever had symptom take turns several times a day, basically switching from one to the other but never having more than one at the same time ?

This has happened to me with all of my "symptoms" that simply stemmed from my fear of a specific disease and anxiety.

That, more than anything, should show you that you're creating it.

Are you doing anything to treat your anxiety?
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Tags: