Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: heart or kidney related?  (Read 104 times)

Offline mjayster

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
heart or kidney related?
« on: March 23, 2014, 10:53:26 PM »
I'm a 27 year old male. For the past week I've been having cold clammy skin all over and sweating 24/7, headaches and needing to pee almost every hour. I wasn't sure what it could be, so I started thinking it might be a bladder infection. Then I started thinking it could be a kidney infection because I've also been having pains in my kidney area. Today I'm starting to wonder if I might not have something going on with my heart because this morning when I woke up I felt breathless and felt that way for quite a while afterwords. Also this evening I went for a walk and noticed int he cold I was getting chest pains, then when I went inside somehwere warm they went away, then back into the cold they came back again. I'm tempted to go to the E.R. to get either a urinalysis or ECG to find out what's going on. Although I keep telling myself that the E.R. is for emergencies and these don't seem life threatening in the immediate moment. Although a kidney infection can turn into sepsis which can kill you and of course heart related problems can turn into a deadly heart attack.

I know you can try to chalk the clammy sweaty skin to anxiety, but I've had anxiety all my life and never had clammy skin that is constant 24/7 for 7 days straight even during the times I'm completely calm. Also the peeing is a bit odd because I feel like I need to go or I'm going to wet myself and I need to go just about every hour, and a good amount of urine comes out even though I haven't been drinking that much.

I honestly don't know what to make of all this, but kidney infection and heart disease are at the top of my list for now.

Bookmark and Share
What doesn't kill you only makes you stronker

Offline Zearth

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: heart or kidney related?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 10:58:32 PM »
Have you considered making an appointment for as soon as possible with a general practitioner? That way you can get the help you need without worrying over over-exaggerating.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mjayster

• Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 11:19:06 PM »
Yeah on monday I plan on at least asking for a urinalysis so I can rule out kidney or bladder infection
Bookmark and Share
What doesn't kill you only makes you stronker

Offline anxious_brit

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 11:35:46 PM »
I have been having the exact same thing. I went to my doctor and it ended up being kidney, but not infection just irritation. She said to take cranberry with water, or parsley tea. That actually did work well. What's been working the best is a bath with plain epson salt. Simple, but works.
Bookmark and Share
"The best way to prepare for life is to begin to live"

www.FindingHappy.org

Tags: