Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Stomach discomfort  (Read 82 times)

Offline aardvark

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Stomach discomfort
« on: March 23, 2014, 07:25:02 PM »
A couple of weeks ago I had norovirus, which only lasted 24 hours. However, since then I've suffered on most days from discomfort in my stomach after eating. This isn't pain like stomachache it's more a neuralgia-type discomfort that isn't particularly painful but sets your teeth on edge and can last for hours at a time. Part of me wonders whether it could be stomach cancer or a stomach ulcer, but it doesn't appear to be in the right place (it's around the area of my navel, not higher in the abdomen). I also get a little indigestion, acid reflux and wind, which is unusual as I've been on Omeprazole for nearly eight years. Does anybody have any bright ideas? Does stomach cancer sound like a possibility? Or is it simply a hangover from the norovirus? I'm considering an endoscopy if it doesn't improve.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stomach discomfort
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 07:37:43 PM »
Your wording hangover from norovirus made me laugh! Lol in all seriousness no I don't think you have stomach cancer that's your anxiety. I agree with the hangover part! My mother In law got the virus 2 weeks ago and got over it but randomly every few nights she would vomit very bad and be ok in the morning she also would find stomaching food hard and have that churn like sensation not pain but feeling rough. She also had heartburn anyway she went to the docs cos of the continuous sickness and he said cos her immune system was down her body is just struggling to fight off the virus which sounds very similar to what your suffering with. She went to the chemist and got some sort of medicine and vitamins (sorry not sure what) but she feels lots better and hasn't been sick for a good few days. Visit the doc if your still bad and explain u had the virus and he probs will say it's just your body still fighting it off. Hope this helps and try not to worry! U will be fine x
Bookmark and Share

Offline Inevitable7742

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 07:48:53 PM »
Did you get the virus from meat? I work in a grocery store and we work hard to prevent the norovirus, still unsure exactly what it is. I had a virus like 2 months back, my docter said symptoms can last 3 to 6 weeks after for some people. I dont think its cancer just the remains of your virus
Bookmark and Share

Offline aardvark

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 07:50:30 PM »
I think you normally catch norovirus from other people. It followed the day after I met a large group of friends for lunch, so I'd say one of them was to blame.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: