Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Lymph nodes driving me insane!  (Read 186 times)

Offline Aimee1875

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lymph nodes driving me insane!
« on: March 23, 2014, 06:41:24 PM »
Hi,I am new to this forum and would be grateful if someone could give me a bit of reassurance.So around a month and a bit ago I kept feeling my neck.There was never anything there in the first place but I persisted to poke and prod.After maybe a week I developed what seemed like a lump and what I believe to be a lymph node due to the fact that it moved and was slightly squishy.It was maybe around the size of a small grape.I would maybe touch it around 100+ times a day and I actually made my neck very painful and sore to touch.Since then it has disappeared but I feel like I'm left with 2 relatively pea sized squishy lumps.These worry me to the max and it's the first thing I think about in the morning and the last thing at night.I am going to the doctors tomorrow after a month and a bit to see if i can get some peace of mind.

So my question is,could I have flared up lymph nodes from just poking and prodding at my neck?(I forgot to mention these are about half way down my neck,just above my thyroid)

They scare me so much and I sometimes feel like people don't take me seriously.My family say they can't feel anything and that I'm over exaggerating but I know what I can feel!I have a nephew due in a few weeks and another niece/nephew due in October and all I can think is that it might be something more serious and I won't be able to watch them grow up which frightens me.

Please,if someone can just calm me down,I would appreciate it very very much.

Aimee x
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aimee1875

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lymph nodes driving me insane!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 08:58:21 PM »
Anyone???? >:(
Bookmark and Share

Online hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 09:43:56 PM »
Hi Aimee

Sorry to hear you are feeling this way.

I had the same for 1 year plus. I had neck ache and would feel around and feel nothing. Then I suddenly noticed I felt lumps. My gp said she could not feel them.

But I could and I still can. My gp sent me for an ultrasound to try to prove to me that there are not lumps of swollen nodes. The scan showed the bits I am feeling to be muscle and not nodes!!!

So it's very possible what you are feeling is not nodes.

Also you can cause soft tissue damage by poking and prodding over and over. I hurt my next so bad from doing this that I came out in red spot like cuts from the constant rubbing and digging my nails in!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aimee1875

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 02:30:40 AM »
Hi,Hamsterswheel

Sorry that you had to go through this too,it's a bit of a pain when all you want is to feel better.

I also think I had slight neck ache when I first started to feel around so it was worrying after a week that this lump developed.After all the poking I've done I'm surprised i haven't done tissue damage!! I hope that today the doctor will give me some peace of mind .

I appreciate your answer very much and hope your feeling well x
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aimee1875

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 03:42:05 PM »
Went to the doctor and he didn't seem concerned and said that was nothing abnormal which made me feel slightly less worried but then you think 'what if he's got it wrong?' But I suppose if he wasn't worried that's the main thing :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: