Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pancreatic cancer  (Read 226 times)

Offline rubee

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pancreatic cancer
« on: March 23, 2014, 11:26:47 AM »
Hi

Well I got diagnosed with IBS officially at the end of last year.. I've known for ages though. I have quite bad anxiety about getting cancer in my bowel so that has been stressing me out so much lately, but recently I've started worrying about pancreatic cancer cos basically when I 'go' to the toilet I've been noticing they're frequently quite pale (sometimes they're 'normal' coloured but often have pale 'patches') and I googled and obviously lots of bad stuff came up like pancreatic cancer so I'm really worried about that so basically need some reassurance, have you ever experienced anything like that or is it normal for anxiety/IBS? I had a blood test at the end of last year, if I had pancreatic cancer it would have showed up in that right? I'm really scared haha

I'm on Sertraline and Risperidone for my anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jonesle

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pancreatic cancer
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 11:35:04 AM »
Hi rubee, you got diagnosed with ibs which is kind of good as you know where most of the bloating etc comes from, plus it can be managed! The main thread round health anxiety is googling which is exactly what you did! Do you honestly think that everybody's poo is all one uniform pooey brown colour? No it depends on what you've eaten, sorry if this is TMI but my poo varies in colour every time I go, not that I look that closely but you catch my drift. Try not to worry, the doctors would have tested you for cancer if they had any concerns what so ever that you had that. Don't ever google health issues if you have health anxiety, keep google for googling restaurants and currency conversions, or booking a holiday! X
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 02:56:25 PM »
There is no "normal" poo color. All sorts of shades of browns and greens are normal, and it depends on what you've eaten.

Also, pale patches don't count as having a pale stool. Pale stools are completely pale.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline hypochondrius

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 04:02:14 PM »
that's why I hate googling anything, I immediately get triggered and into panic mode because everything is worst case scenario. A part of me is beginning to believe its a scam setup to get people wanting to get expensive tests done even.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: