Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: White flash in corner of eye?  (Read 136 times)

Offline KevinMcGovern

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
White flash in corner of eye?
« on: March 23, 2014, 08:38:36 AM »
Sometimes in the corner of my eye a white flash appears. It's kind of hard to explain it just appears then diappears like a flash. I hope this makes sense because it's been bothering me. My eyes have been bothering me for almost a month now. I've made posts about this grey flat spot on my eye before which by the way is the same eye the flashing is happening in. Because of that I've almost diagnosed myself with cancer and can't change my mind on it. What else would it be? That's what I keep asking myself but I can't come up with an answer so I'm assuming it's cancer which is killing me inside.  :fragend005:  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
Re: White flash in corner of eye?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 10:26:38 AM »
Flashes in the eye occur when the vitreous fluid pulls on the retina - the light is the stimulation caused by the pulling.   It can last for years and years or it can last one day.   It's always best to get a dilated eye exam to make sure you have no tears beginning in the retina.  I've been having flashes and balls of light and everything else for over 35 years.  Never had a tear or hole, but "they" always say to have it checked.  It's no tumor, it's very common - are you nearsighted?  It's extremely common in nearsighted people and the more nearsighted you are the more you will get these things.  I started at 19, my daughter started with that stuff at about 16.
It can look like those white flashes you see on a transmitter tower (I'm sure you've seen those when going down the road), it can look like a round ball of yellow light, it can look like a flash of cobalt blue, there are many ways for them to present themselves (and believe me, I've had 'em all!)
Bookmark and Share

Offline KevinMcGovern

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: White flash in corner of eye?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 12:20:27 PM »
Nope I am not nearsighted, well to be honest I have no idea if I am or not. I'm just taking a guess that I'm not because I've had 20/20 vision my whole life. That's why these things are scary for me because I've never had problems with my eyes before and these symptoms just popping up out of the blue is very scary.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: Eye flash cancer