Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: going mad  (Read 282 times)

Offline elvin

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
going mad
« on: March 23, 2014, 04:50:06 AM »
 :spineyes: does dp/ds make you feel your going crazy its getting worse no one seems to want to help the dr  is a waste of time
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chilly

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: going mad
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 01:18:30 AM »
It definitely makes me feel like I'm going crazy. It's uncomfortable, to say the least. I just try to remember that even though it is a scary experience, it is basically harmless.
Try not to think about it too much and try to find a distraction. Dwelling on it just makes it worse. This is easier said than done, I know. But with some practice and some patience, it will become less and less of a problem.
As far as docs go, are you seeing a GP or a psychiatrist/therapist? A GP usually is not heavily trained to deal with psych issues, so it is better to see a psychiatrist/therapist.
That said, I've found that a Psychiatrist/Therapist job is not to cure you, but to help you heal yourself. Many people get a lot out of therapy, but it takes time to find the right therapist for you and even then, it can take time for the therapy to sink in.
Hang in there! You are not alone with this struggle, and it DOES get better.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: