Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: This is ruining my life  (Read 165 times)

Offline gatorfan04

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
This is ruining my life
« on: March 22, 2014, 11:49:42 PM »
I have already posted about this once but I didn't really get any answers and I'm desperate.  The floor of my mouth is peeling and painful on the right side.  It has done this off and on for an entire year.  I have been worried it was cancer even though I don't fall in any of the risk groups.  I have been to a couple of oral surgeons and an ENT and they all say it's nothing.  I even had a CT scan that showed nothing.  But everything I've found online points this to being cancer.  I've been going crazy for a whole year.  I am so upset all the time and I just feel like I keep getting misdiagnosed even though I have seen five different doctors.  I am a 20 year old female that has never drank or smoked but I'm still so worried.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cravenmobile

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: This is ruining my life
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 12:26:43 AM »
If you have had several experts tell you that its nothing to worry about, then you are faced with the difficult task of accepting the diagnosis. I think there is a sticky for it. There may be something environmental causing this such as a consistent food that you eat that causes this. For me, if I eat anything that is slightly hot, then I will shed the entire roof of my mouth, and I hate it when it happens. Acidic foods can do this also, or things with abrasive textures.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Inevitable7742

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 01:00:27 AM »
I understand how you feel i was terrified of oral cancer, honestly what helped me may help you. You said its been about a year? Oral cancer if left untreated would take 2 years to kill you and after 1 year you would be extremely ill, food would be hard to swallow and you would have fuzzy white patchs in your mouth. I really dont think its cancer, just remember cancer ud be losing weight and hair by now generally. Anyway good luck hope i sorta helped
Bookmark and Share

Offline gatorfan04

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 03:30:02 PM »
cravenmobile, you are right that I need to accept the diagnosis.  It is probably an irritant causing this I just wish I could figure out what it was so I could fix it.  And inevitable7742, that actually does help a lot.  I know in my mind I don't really have consistent symptoms for it to be oral cancer but I just have had a hard time shaking it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gatorfan04

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 03:58:58 PM »
Also I'm just curious Inevitable7742, did your doctor tell you it takes two years for oral cancer to kill you?  I've never heard that before.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: