Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Thyroid help  (Read 134 times)

Offline DeLellis123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thyroid help
« on: March 22, 2014, 11:06:56 PM »
So a few weeks ago, right around the time I started taking paxil I noticed the area surrounding my Adam's apple, was more prominent, basically was more defined. So after 3 weeks of everyone telling me I'm just imagining things and it's cause I lost weight, my doctor sent me to an ent, cause I was having sinus problems as well. After the doctor examined my throat with that tube thing, she said I have a little irritation on the one side, and I explained to her that my throat changed shape a little so she said she "suspects" a little thyroiditis, I asked well " how does that happen?" She said " sometimes it can just happen. So anyways instead of my regular doctor sending me to an endo, she is going off the thyroid blood test the ent ordered. I'll post my results below, there telling me it's normal but I really don't think it is, also my calcium level is high which can ( not always present hyperparathyroidism). Below are the results. I truely believe to my heart I have a thyroid problem.

TSH.       1.01        Range 0.34-5.60

T3 Uptake 40         Range 32-48

T4 Total   7.24       Range  6.09-12.23

Thyroglobulin Abs <20     Range 0-40

Thyroid Perox Abs <10     Range 0-35

Calcium level 10.1

Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Thyroid help
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 04:28:44 AM »
Anxiety can cause weight loss or gain and health anxiety may make you notice things that have always been there. Your test results look normal. You can try retesting in 6 months. Unless you lose a lot of weight fast, I'd listen to the doctor. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: