Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is it still possible that I don't have gastro cancer? Gnawing sensations  (Read 298 times)

Offline skyisblue

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi all, it's been more than a month since my first 20 mg omeprazole and I still have some tummy issues.

To be short, 90% of the bloating and the excessive burping has gone away, but I still have this "gnawing" sensation that I get a few hours after a meal.

It's like I'm hungry but I know I am not. It goes away once I eat something. It comes and goes.

The GPs I've been to have diagnosed me with acidity issues, but I am trying to set an appointment with a gastro doctor next week. I know I will get an endoscopy to finally finish everything. To be honest, I am extremely anxious about getting the tests because of the results. I am scared they will find some polyps or malignancy in my GI tract.

The good side though is that: The burping and burping have reduced immensely, I have gained weight, no acid reflux, no nausea. My bowel movements are pretty much okay. No bleeding that I know of or any intense pain.

I am still anxious that this might lead to stomach, pancreas, or intestinal cancers. I am 23 years old and I fear the worst already.

I had a CBC blood test 2 months ago which showed perfect results. That was the last test I had and back then, I did not have any stomach issues.

Anybody else on the same boat? :( I am scared that the meds have not made the symptoms go away 100%. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm bein treated for this again.

But I was also treated 3 years ago and i was on 40mg of omeprazole for 3 months. It took the 3 months for to clear.

I've had some sort of flare up again which my doctor has said is stress related and caused by excess acid production burning my stomach.
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi hamsterswheel,

Thank you for the reply. I am sorry you are going through this again but it does help to know I am not alone.

Wow, I did not know you could be on omperazole for that long. At least it cleared up and you've been cleared but the doctor.

Do you get exactly the same thing I described? The hunger like feeling after a meal?

When I took the meds again last month, I did it because of the burping and bloating. Not because of this hunger like feeling. It was only on the 3rd week that I developed these hunger pangs!

Could you describe me more your symptom and how are you treating it right now?
Bookmark and Share

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sure

I get bloating, an ache frOm the centre of my upper stomach and the hunger. Was same thing I had 3 years ago too. I felt hungry an hour after a meal and of I did not eat I would get the burning and gnawing pain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thank you.

I think this was brought up again because of my poor eating habits. I kept on eating a lot for a week.

Are you on meds right now, hamsterswheel?
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
By the way, I can't really tell if I am really hungry or what. I just get the gnawing sensations here and there. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I used to take omperazole (I'm doing something more homeopathic now) but I'd occasional get flare ups. I've had both and endo and a colonoscopy, both fine except I had some gastritis during the endo (I was being tested for celiacs, so doc told me to eat gluten for two weeks. I was negative for celiacs but figured I was gluten intolerant.)

I find that treating reflux requires more than just taking meds. It means some lifestyle changes including avoiding trigger foods or eating them early in the day, not lying down until at least two hours after you've eating and avoiding overeating.
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi Lara, thanks for the reply.

I am glad everything was down to anxiety only. I admire you for going through all those tests!

Could you elaborate more the symptoms that you were having? Did you have something similar to what I am describing here?
Bookmark and Share

Offline jvrbax

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I have the same issue. I am so scared of going to the doctors. But I figure it's the only way out of this worry. :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: